Skip to main content

Money Discussions

How to Save a Bit Extra on Car Transport Cost

Forum: Save Money
Daniel Moyanda
Regardless of the reason, if you need to ship your car, it can be a rather confusing experience — especially if you've never shipped a vehicle or have no clue where to start. Auto transport companies usually charge by the mile and there is no standard distance in which they will charge. The total cost of shipping can add up very quickly. There are ways to get a better price and save money with an auto transport company. Here are six tips to get a reasonable price and save money. 1. Get...Read More...
Last Reply By Daniel Moyanda · First Unread Post
New to PH.com, but love it already. Broke my leg 2 months ago. Had surgery and have been recovering ever since. I was planning to get a CDL license before the accident happened. I am currently unemployed and I MUST start earning income somehow. I was thinking of getting a PT job until I can get the CDL, but my leg/foot/knee swell up when I stand on it too long. Yes, I can kind of stand on it for balance, but I do need to use one crutch. I do not qualify for disability. I am a senior lady...Read More...
Last Reply By irishnanny · First Unread Post

raises

irishnanny
hello everyone, was wondering, if any one else works for a school dirst.?? i have reached my level of raises .its now up to the board to give us raises, i work par time, i laugh, because McDonald help make 15.00 dollars and i don't .but i love my job, so i ask this great community on their thoughts thank you this is a great learning communityRead More...

How much job hopping is too much?

Dear Penny
Happy Friday, Penny Hoarders! In the last year, it's become really popular to quit your job. We see headlines every day about the Great Resignation and worker shortages. But what I'm wondering about is how much job hopping is too much? Last month, I received a letter from a reader who was fed up with her husband's constant job hopping. https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/make-money/career/husbands-endless-job-hopping/ He switches jobs every six months to a year, and it sounds like he has a lot...Read More...

Money Challenge: Empty Your Pantry and Save Featured

Will S.
The Pantry Challenge Welcome to The Penny Hoarder’s monthly Money Challenge, helping you find simple ways to improve your finances. This month, we’re going to help you save money on food and reduce waste by clearing out your fridge, freezer and cupboard. Known as the Pantry Challenge , you’ll have to use the food you have on hand to create meals for one week. The only rule: no buying. And you’ll likely have to get creative with meal ideas. Here are tips to help you taste success Meal...Read More...

Apple kills the iPod, but ‘yay’ for our wallets?

Forum: Make Money
Michael Archambault
It’s official; the iPod is dead. Apple has officially discontinued the last iPod in its lineup, the iPod touch, bringing it all to a close in 2022. We recently published an article on how much money some iPods are still selling for on eBay, so be sure to check in your drawers and your closets to see if you might have a few hundred dollars lying around (that’s always fun to find). On the flip side, I’d love to hear any stories anyone has about their iPod back in the day. It indeed was a...Read More...
Last Reply By KellyFromKeene · First Unread Post

Best discounts for seniors?

Forum: Save Money
Will S.
While sadly I'm a few years off from being able to score on any senior discounts, I thought I'd share this article from The Penny Hoarder that is stirring a bit of buzz on the internet: 75 of the Best Senior Discounts for Food, Entertainment, Travel and More . I had no idea you could receive discounts on groceries, airfare and even your cell phone bill. Looks like it can all add up to save some serious money, which of course is pretty sweet. Do you take advantage of any of these discounts?Read More...

Money Challenges

raises

irishnanny
hello everyone, was wondering, if any one else works for a school dirst.?? i have reached my level of raises .its now up to the board to give us raises, i work par time, i laugh, because McDonald help make 15.00 dollars and i don't .but i love my job, so i ask this great community on their thoughts thank you this is a great learning communityRead More...

Money Challenge: Empty Your Pantry and Save Featured

Will S.
The Pantry Challenge Welcome to The Penny Hoarder’s monthly Money Challenge, helping you find simple ways to improve your finances. This month, we’re going to help you save money on food and reduce waste by clearing out your fridge, freezer and cupboard. Known as the Pantry Challenge , you’ll have to use the food you have on hand to create meals for one week. The only rule: no buying. And you’ll likely have to get creative with meal ideas. Here are tips to help you taste success Meal...Read More...

Financial Illiteracy

Richard Martin
Financial Illiteracy is an epidemic problem in this country. We don't teach our children even the basic ways to manage money correctly even though money is the single source of living and being secure. I am a spiritual man that believes in God and His ability to provide, but we must understand that the resources we have must be managed with true thought and applied with basic understanding of living within our means, understanding compound interest, and saving for goals and emergency needs.Read More...