Skip to main content

Banking

Featured Topics

Upcoming Virtual Event With “Napkin Finance” Author Tina Hay

Nicole D.
Hey everyone! In case you’ve missed our announcement Monday, I’ve got some exciting news to share! Tomorrow, The Penny Hoarder will be hosting a virtual Q&A with “Napkin Finance” author Tina Hay. Mark your calendars for Thursday, Feb. 11 at 2 p.m. ET and join us on The Penny Hoarder’s Facebook page , where we’re sure to have an interesting and informative Facebook Live discussion. We’ll also be giving away five copies of “Napkin Finance” during the virtual event! For a chance to win,...Read More...
Hi @Latonia Whitley ! We haven't yet finalized the next pick for the book club. We're trying to assess the best way to move forward with everything, but I'll be sure to make an announcement once we've decided on the next book!Read More...
Would like to know the name of how the current book and how to obtain it the club has started. I'm new to this and really need to learn how to budget and save.Read More...
I'm glad you were able to watch later, @sthom ! And thanks!Read More...
I missed the live event but did watch later on Facebook and what a pleasure. I've been unable to participate in the overall book discussion as I intended. Have been out of pocket for a few weeks due to some health issues. But...Tina Hay's discussion with you was brilliant, Nicole. And, what a sweet face you have, if you don't mind my saying.Read More...
Last Reply By Nicole D. · First Unread Post

Topics

Personal loans

Denise L Wagoner
Hello. What are the best personal loan options for folks with no credit history (20yrs cash only) &/or low credit score with income under $18000?Read More...
Big Lew thats how i started i got my first car loan from my credit union low interest rate and i have built my credit score thanks for sharingRead More...
Denise, The people above me are correct. If you're just wanting to improve your credit score try getting a Walmart, Target, Kohls credit card or grocery store credit card or your local bank credit card or your local credit union. Make your monthly payments on time, never be late and never miss a payment. Sign up for the online payment process, I don't recommend the auto payment process, I use the one time pay process monthly for all of my bills. It is easier to keep track of your money. If...Read More...
Hey @Denise L Wagoner ! @JeremyM is right — you're looking at high interest rates in this situation. Usually you have to build credit a little bit at a time, so you're not going to get approved for a huge amount. Is your goal to build credit here, or do you need a loan because you need cash? If you're trying to build credit, you may be able to get a credit builder loan through a smaller bank account or credit union. Basically you'd get a loan but the bank holds onto your money while you make...Read More...
I'm not sure I'd even consider it. Most of them will be high interest with big monthly payments. However, most of the sites like Credit Karma, Wallet Nerd, etc will give you matches, based on that criteria.Read More...
Last Reply By irishnanny · First Unread Post

Discover Savings Accounts

Lucy
Just FYI - Discover Savings Accounts offering 3% on savings. This beats standard Bank rates. Just passing along the info...Read More...
All APY in banks have plummeted harshly☹️Read More...
thanks for sharing, i enjoy learning from you allRead More...
I checked it online but maybe I'm looking at the wrong Discover site. I'm just seeing a 0.50% APY. Maybe APY has gone down like other online banks. For example, AMEX where I have an account; I opened when they were at 2.0% and now it's down to under 1.Read More...
Thanks for sharing. I am wondering which specific savings account it is that gives you the 3%? I searched Discover Savings Accounts and came across this page https://www.discover.com/onlin...ing/savings-account/ but it only shows an account with 2.10%Read More...
Last Reply By Judi Edenson · First Unread Post

Chime Bank/Bancorp

Joyce Williams
Has anyone had a really bad unauthorized transaction issue with Chime? If so was it ever resolved or did they just screw you out of your money? I had my debit card stolen while incarcerated had no control nor idea and I lost $9700.00. Chime's denial to reimbursewreimburse me was based on: I didn't cancel my card, I didn't stop the direct deposit, the card used was valid, the transactions were within the vacinity of my home (45 miles away from Dallas TX) and the pin number was used at the ATM...Read More...
You have proof that it was not you as you have jail paperwork from the court. With Chime you have to keep appealing and refusing their answer. I have been in a dispute with them for 10 months. I keep NOT accepting their decision and they keep giving the money back to me then taking it back months later. I am still going back and forth with Chime on this one transaction. I feel that Chime should defend their customers NOT the merchants. But if your name and info matches they go with the...Read More...
Have to see the validity of Jeremy'M's points. It makes sense Chime/Bancorp would not go after her, in their eyes the missing monies could have been taken out to support your life while you were gone. You set yourself up. If you decide to pursue her in small claims court, you will need more than a camera shot of someone withdrawing monies, remember it is your word against the other person's who was "trying" to do you a favor. You are the one who is going to have to have evidence, direct...Read More...
Except how do they know you didn't just give her the pin number, say "spend what you want because I will claim fraud and get it back?" Sorry, but them knowing the pin number is a BIG strike against you. As for them stealing federal funds? No, they stole YOUR funds. Once they hit YOUR bank account they were no longer federal funds. I'm not sure what you were in jail for, but that most likely doesn't help either.Read More...
Thanks Jeremy, For sure it's someone I know however I can't even get the authorities in 2 counties to care to arrest her. More so than that if I know then why not give me my money and Bancorp go after her for theft of federal funds? After all she'll be on the ATM camera footage. Bancorp only knows what chime told them and my claim was denied within 8 hrs of reporting it. I hadn't even received the paperwork for the dispute yet the transactions are unauthorized period...bar the door Katie. I...Read More...
Last Reply By Leslie Kay · First Unread Post

Filing for bankruptcy

Rosemary Daniel
Does anyone know if American Express can take money out of your bank account and freeze your assets I am in the middle of bankruptcy I go to court November but last year yeah they froze my bank account and took all my money I have now opened up a bank account again because of the Postal Service not delivering my unemployment checks and basically the only way to get my unemployment checks is direct deposit I still have not yet to receive a stimulus check again due to not having direct deposit...Read More...
Once you file for BK you receive an automatic stay and No One can garnish your accounts and IF they did they will have to return the money. Contact your attorney. ASAP.Read More...
If they have a judgement against you, then they can take whatever money is in your bank account. I answered this in your other thread. If you already have a lawyer and he/she has started the bankruptcy, he/she needs to notify AmEx and then they cannot take money in your account. Taking money in your account, regardless of where it comes from, is not the same as garnishing you. You owe them money, they have a judgement that says they can legally get your money and the bank has to legally give...Read More...
Last Reply By Leslie Kay · First Unread Post

Synchrony bank

Dan84
WARNING😀o not open an account With synchrony bank. I have had a horrible experience with them and their customer service representatives have not been help. I opened a account with them in the month of may I deposited a check from an older account which had an old address on the check in response synchrony bank froze my account and told me I have to wait two months while they review my account it has been three months and they are still holding my mom hostage I am...Read More...
Thanks for the information. The only product I have with them is a CD. Although I might have had a Synchrony-backed charge account with a merchant and not realized it.Read More...
I really like PSECU. My experience only destroyed my view of Synchrony Bank.Read More...
i have an account with synchrony bank through which i pay my paypal account. I have never had any problems with them.Read More...
I believe i may have store cards with this bank. You have made me very greatful that i did not put my money in their bank. Chase Bank at one time, was offering a free checking account and giving you $300.00 for getting a direct deposit monthly in the account. Ive had no problems with them and got a free $300Read More...
Last Reply By Brigat · First Unread Post

ATM Cash withdrawal

V Ravi Chandran
Is there any advantage to customers if the ATM prints out the serial number of all the notes it dispensed as a certificate of proof of cash withdrawal?Read More...
I personally don't think that would be a good idea to have the serial nos. on the receipt from an ATM. At every bank I have ever used, the ATM only dispenses $20 bills, no other denominations. I only get the receipt so that I have proof of a withdrawal and the amount.Read More...
As far as I know, no bank in the world keeps tract of serial numbers of the currencies they load into their ATMs. Ripe for abuse, and the crooks know this.Read More...
Ok, my question was, the usefulness of providing the customer with serial numbers, if they request for it. If an ATM company can provide, as part of their service, the serial numbers, will there be any demand from customers to get those serial numbers?Read More...
Geez, I was way off base. Sorry about that. I'm guessing you're not in the US. I am in the US. The receipts I've gotten do not contain serial number of bills. This is my opinion on the matter. Simply stated the information on a receipt is typically needed for proof of withdrawl against the account on the receipt for You. Your bank account report would coincide. Serial numbers of each bill on a receipt I think would be for your records. If the police wanted to trace a bill I would guess they...Read More...
Last Reply By Savingsmama · First Unread Post

Radius - Is it a good checking account?

I saw an ad about a company called Radius and seems to be very impressive. Anyone has experience using them?Read More...
Thanks for sharingRead More...
Hi Leon! I haven't used them before. If it's helpful, we did publish an in-depth Radius Bank review on The Penny Hoarder. Here it is: Radius Bank Review Anyone here in community used them and can share your experiences?Read More...
Last Reply By Leon · First Unread Post

The Aspiration Spend & Save Account

Edward Guerra
In one of your articles regarding five things to do if you have $1,000 today. One of those things mentioned was to simply open an account and aquire an Aspiration Spend & Save Account debit card from that Bank. It is mentioned by Penny hoarder, "How’s an extra $100 sound? For free? Seriously..." I'm not so sure about this because I went and did some research and all that mentions is when you acquire that particular debit card and you spend $1,000 and they will give you $100. It says...Read More...

Do you use Discover Bank?

Sierra
Heyyo. So I'm currently using BB&T but I use my debit card for ALL my purchases except amazon purchases (for which I have the Amazon Prime Rewards card with Chase - thank you all for helping me decide that was a good choice!). I'm spending upwards of 2k on my debit card each month after all is said and done, so I'm wanting to look into debit cards that offer cash back. As a side note, I also notice I'm getting pennies back from my BB&T savings account so I'd like a higher APY on...Read More...
I have 4 credit cards. 2 from Chase, 1 from my bank and one from Captiol One of the Chase and the one from Capital One are my lowest interest on purchases. All four charge big interest on cash advances. I have never had a problem with anyone of them. One time I saw a duplicate on my bank credit card. It turned out to be the company I purchased from that threw the duplicate in. The bank took care of dealing with it no problem. Once I had a charge on the Capitol card that I did not make.Read More...
Last Reply By E Nelson · First Unread Post
My old bank (Everbank) had a feature that displayed my scheduled transaction and their expected impact upon my projected balance in the "account activity" view. They were purchased by a pension fund and no longer offer that excellent interface. It allowed me to see the upcoming 30 days and decide if any payment should be adjusted depending upon when my next paycheck or deposit was scheduled. It was a great tool for keeping track of e-bills and when to pay them Can anyone share how to find...Read More...
Caine256, that is good information to add to this thread, especially since it serves the whole US. I have been able to find several banks around the country that use the old Everbank platform with future transactions. None of these are nationwide online banks, so you have to live in the state in which you bank. Here's a breakdown of what I have found. (Not in alphabetical order) VIRGINIA, WEST VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA & DC: United Bank ( www.bankwithunited.com ). I live in...Read More...
I've also been seeking an account that shows known future transactions. I can tell you USAA does this, but I haven't found any others yet.Read More...
Thanks for the info, Steve. I may check them out anyway. Do they limit the number of external transfers, or is there some other requirement? They probably don't have a description of the feature because most of the major and regional banks don't do it. The ones that I've talked to seem fairly perplexed at my description. You can mark Ally Bank off your list. They are one of the larger online banks, so I thought perhaps they might be similar to Everbank's interface, but no. I think there are...Read More...
Thanks Nita, I found Seacoast National Bank. They do have the "Show scheduled transactions" feature, but they have limitations on external transfers that i am not used to. It is better than the TIAA, but still not as powerful as Everbank had been. I wish i could figure out what the banking industy calls the features we are talking about.Read More...
Last Reply By Nita8 · First Unread Post

rewards debit accounts

What are the best rewards debit/checking and savings accounts around? So far I've found Discover Cash Back Debit and Wells Fargo save as you go that deposits your rounded change daily.Read More...

This week in... The Penny Hoarder Community

Ashlee
Happy Friday! Whew! Where has this week gone? Here’s your weekly round up of announcements to get you through today and into the weekend... We’ve crowned our November Member of the Month. Join me in congratulating Lisa Acu ñ a (@lismox) for being selected this month’s winner! We all appreciate your help around here, Lisa. Each month we look to crown a new winner. We’re looking for someone who is super helpful and active in the community. Each winner receives a $25 gift...Read More...
Not a problem, @Lesley Michele .Read More...
Thanks Average Joe😁😁😁😁Read More...
@Lesley Michele , Whoo-hoo to you as well my friend! I hope you're enjoying this fine Friday morning! We look forward to more posts from you here in the Penny Hoarder Community! AverageJoeRead More...
Whoo hoo Everyone!!!Read More...
Last Reply By AverageJoe · First Unread Post

Happy November!

Ashlee
We’ve made it to the end of the week and the start of a new month Penny Hoarders! Who here can’t believe it’s already November? 😳 This week I want to know if you’re a planner or a procrastinator… Do you start planning and budgeting now for holiday purchases or wait until the last minute? What about your New Year’s resolutions? And now for this week’s announcements… We just hit a HUGE milestone Penny Hoarders… 10,000 community members! Join us in a celebratory happy dance, then go check out...Read More...
@Susan L. Miller We have used Freecycle off and on for years. We got the foot and headboards for our queen-sized bed through the program. We have seen many items we no longer use go to other homes that would use them and recommend it heartily! We have also used our "Marketplace" here in our area on Facebook to buy and sell things. There are so many ways to go and programs to use! Happy selling...and as one of our mentors says "Think..and grow RICH!"Read More...
I'm not sure how many were here when I joined the Penny Hoarder Community, but I do know that it seems as if we've grown by leaps and bounds. I've met some interesting people and like having information and ideas coming in! May we continue to grow in numbers as well as in wealth.Read More...
Hello Dear, Thank you very much for your greetings email. Sincerely, Reboti On Mon, Nov 4, 2019 at 9:21 AM The Penny Hoarder Community < [email protected]> wrote:Read More...
Happy November- though it is 78% in San Francisco right now. I love the Fall smells and saving money. I belong to a few local Facebook groups where I often sell or buy things that are not needed and pay very little. Marin Fleamarket, Sam's Closet, or even Freecycle. It feels good to let go of the energy in stuff and also be able to make a little money doing it. If you post regularly, with clear pics and description, your chances are excellent that your trash will be someone else's treasure!Read More...
Last Reply By AverageJoe · First Unread Post

Fed cut rates again! Anyone taking advantage?

Theodora
Penny Hoarders, are any of you modifying your personal finance strategies to take advantage of this additional rate cut?Read More...
The rate cut affects short term debt such as home equity lines of credit , credit cards , and auto loans. P.S. The rates are estimated to continue to lower throughout the next year.....Read More...
@sthom That is smart! I hadn't thought about that but that could really help some people out. @E Allen I have been listing to some Rich Dad podcasts lately and he is constantly saying it is basically futile to save money with the current interest rates. Because while saving money and earning a small amount of interest, you are losing more than that to inflation. I am personally considering investing in some gold and silver.Read More...
One thing I will be doing pronto is asking my credit cards to lower my interest rates in light of the latest interest cut. I read an article (maybe CNBC's website, not sure) yesterday that advised not to wait on the companies to automatically cut your rates, ask for it. So, that's on my list of things to do this week.Read More...
Credit cards usually go down with prime. We are only talking .25%. Savings are mostly back under 2% now. So, for me I think its a time for me to save less and buy assets that dont depreciate as fast as the dollar.Read More...
Last Reply By Stef Genius · First Unread Post

Social security Representative Payee bank account

Hello does anyone know how I can open up a new Social security Representative Payee bank account on line. It would be much easier than going into a bank location. We live in Reading PA if that helps. Thank you very muchRead More...

ONLINE BANKS

wood
I'm so frustrated with my bank. I signed up for "Simple". Does anyone have any feedback? Is it really better? What if I lose my card and have to wait for the replacement. With my bank, I can go into any branch and they'll issue a temp card until the replacement arrives. That's really the only thing that concerns me. Thanks.Read More...
I think keeping my old bank as back up is what I'm hearing. I can do that. Lord knows I need all the help I can get with budgeting so I am excited to see what Simple can do for me.Read More...
I've been using Simple for 3 years now and I love it. It's budgeting tool that is built-in is what convinced to me to give a try back when I signed up for it and I haven't looked back since. The only thing you can't do with Simple is request loans or go to a physical branch. So the example you used with losing your debit card would be a downfall but through the app you will be able to stop your card from being used and request a new card and Simple is really good with shipping out one to you...Read More...
Online banks are great for higher savings yields, but I'm a huge fan of credit unions (I work for one, so I'm biased) for brick-and-mortar banking. They're member owned, so less fees and lower loan rates, and most have everything big banks have - including instant issue machines for lost/stolen debit cards.Read More...
I use Ally and I've really liked them so far.Read More...
Last Reply By wood · First Unread Post

Best bank to use?

Karla Dial
I've been a customer at US Bank for more than a decade, but have recently realized this is actually counterproductive to my savings goals. In addition to its crappy interest rate on savings, US Bank REFUSES to work with any automated savings, budgeting, or investing apps I try (such as SaverLife, Every Dollar, Mint, and Fundrise). I need recommendations for better banks with great service that will work with apps and still be somewhat available nationally. Which ones do you recommend?Read More...
I just signed up with Discover bank. You earn 1% cashback on everything when you use your debit card I plan on putting those reward into my savings account. I was using USAA, but they have been doing some shady things. They didn't even approve me for a loan. Their mission is to take care of the military, retirees, and veterans...well I don't see that. I also have Navy federal credit union. They are awesome with notification of fraudulent activity. They act so fast that the transactions don't...Read More...
Just signed on with Ally -- so far, so great and I'm thrilled to be rid of Bank of America!Read More...
And share branching, free ATM networks, and online banking make it easy to use them pretty much anywhere. Full disclosure: I work for a credit union, so I'm definitely an advocate!Read More...
You're right, Beckles. Credit Unions have been a great way to go. We used to be members of CEFCU when we lived in Illinois...Caterpillar people...and the interest rates on loans were great. The interest earned on savings was moving up and was stll higher than the local banks.Read More...
Last Reply By yrenee · First Unread Post

High-interest savings accounts

Alexis Grant
Savings accounts interest rates seem to be improving! We moved money to this account this weekend because of its 2.4% yield: https://www.mysavingsdirect.com/ (I have no affiliation with that bank, it's just the best rate we found.) Anybody else using a high-interest savings account we could all benefit from knowing about?Read More...
Have any of you heard good things about Chime Banking? @AverageJoe @Moore IncomeRead More...
BJLEE, I have never heard of anyone being charged a fee unless they sign up for an account that requires a certain amount to avoid such fees.Read More...
Does it charge for each transfer? @AverageJoeRead More...
It is relatively easy. One takes and signs up for an account at the online bank of choice, fills out the requested information along with the amount to be transferred, and then there is usually a verification process, ie, the bank you're transferring will put in two small transfers to your account at the regular bank that equal less than a dollar. After these two have cleared, they will allow you to have the transfer take place. It usually takes anywhere from 3 to 7 days to ensure that the...Read More...
Last Reply By BJLEE · First Unread Post

Aspiration

Soraima Déniz Pérez
Hello! Id like to know if I open An account in Aspiration bank can I still using my other bank acc (Bank of America) because I need to make transfers with zello. Thanks Aspiration AspirationRead More...
Aspiration no longer has interest on saving account unless you make large monthly deposits or have $15,000 sitting there..... I have been unable to initiate transfers from Aspiration as their platform doesn't support ALL banks. I have to transfer in & out from my Huntington Bank account and it takes about a week....not sure that I will be keeping the Aspiration account that I just opened in March 2019...Read More...
Absolutely, you can still use your BOA. I just recently opened an Aspiration account it's been 6 months I think. So far I like the Aspiration. I have gotten a few cash back already and then I set up the transfer between my BOA and Aspiration account. You can also use Zelle if you want to.Read More...
I just signed up for Aspiration and tried to sign up through Bank of America and had problems but customer service helped and using another bank. Hope it helps.Read More...
@Soraima Déniz Pérez they don't yet have a built in Zelle integration -- you could transfer funds to another account but it's not as quick and easy as it is with Zelle at other banks, etc.Read More...
Last Reply By Shannon H · First Unread Post

Women's Month

Mo Brownies
Hi All, I recieved this email about the gender gap criss going on and i thought what a wonderful movement this would be. Check out the link below. https://blog.moneylion.com/doing-our-part-to-pave-the-wage/Read More...
Thank you for the update.Read More...
Just to give an update. I signed up for the program and called in periodically to make sure i was in good standing. I never received any email confirmation on the program or status. Then when i was suppose to recieve the payout. i called in to inquire. the representative unfortunatly dont know much but told me a supervisor would get back to me. I recieved a vague email telling me I wasnt qualified. I called to find out more information and the supervisor explained to me about the fine print...Read More...
just giving an update. So I will let everyone else know if this works and my experience towards the end of June. This is when 90 days will be up.Read More...
@Mo Brownies Let us know how it goes! Once I buy a house (soon) I will be looking for opportunities such as this to increase our cash flow again!Read More...
Last Reply By KellyFromKeene · First Unread Post

Home Equity Loans / Lines of Credit

I'm considering taking out a Home Equity Loan to do some repairs to my home. I'd love to hear pros and cons to this. What I want done will cost under $5,000. Would I be better off to charge this to a credit card, set up a payment plan with the company, or take the line of credit which is at least 10 times the amount I need, although the bank says it counts as a mortgage for tax purposes. I appreciate any ideas or thoughts.Read More...
Thank you - that clarified some points for me. EdenRead More...
Hard to answer for you specifically, but we keep an open line of credit in the form of an equity loan for emergencies. We've had the most recent equity line for almost 5 years and have never tapped into it so therefore it's on paper only until we do use it, no monthly payments until we do. It can help improve your credit score if you responsibly make your payments. I look for as fixed a rate as possible, which is tough to find in an equity loan these days. And understand if you default, the...Read More...
Are the repairs absolutely necessary? If not I would save up for them. I would not charge it or take a HELOC. When getting bids for the work be sure to contact at least 3 contractors. Then check them against your state’s registrar of contractors website to be sure they are licensed and bonded. Good luck!Read More...
Last Reply By ekuhlens · First Unread Post

Bad customer service from online banks?

Theodora
I recently opened an account with Ally Bank. I've only had to call customer service twice but already noticed that call wait times are significant. Has anyone else experienced this (or other customer service issues) with online banks? The need doesn't come up often to converse with a human at a bank -- but when it does (and it comes to your money) it's nice to know it's not difficult to get support.Read More...
Never heard of ally definitely will look intoRead More...
I have my savings account with Ally and have never had any issues with customer service. I love the great interest rate we get with that account. Thinking of opening a checking account with them too.Read More...
@Theodora I use quite a few different online banks and investment apps and in my experience, it can vary from company to company. Some I call and get right away while others have long wait times. One investment company got rid of their telephone support completely and now only communicates via email. With a lot of financial institutions (banks, insurance, etc.) they tend to fall short when it comes to providing quality, quick customer service. That is one of the perks of having a local bank...Read More...
THEODORA I'm sorry you had this trouble. I don't use big banks but i'm living in a small town.Read More...
Last Reply By All we need is love! · First Unread Post

Get Paid to Open Bank Account

Wen Dee
I'm looking for a bank in Tampa, Florida area that offers cash back for opening a new account. Any suggestions are welcomed. ThanksRead More...
I just signed up with Aspiration and received $100 but have to have direct deposit which I did already. Hope it helps you.Read More...
@Wen Dee I also cannot say specifically for your area but I did find this website post that might help answer your question. I cannot personally vouch for any of the info but they seem to have some good insight. I personally have been frustrated after signing up for a local bank here in Fargo, ND. They offered a promotion but then made the "details" obscure and not very clear. We ended up not getting anything at all and they had some sort of reason (excuse) for why we did not qualify. I...Read More...
I'm not familiar with the area @Wen Dee . I'm in South Africa. But I do know that Payoneer will give you $25 on your first deposit of $100 or more. And your debit card get delivered at your door. Service fees for an account is $3 per month. Just let me know if you need more info. Hope this helps.Read More...
Last Reply By Wanda J. · First Unread Post

How many savings accounts do you have?

Grace Schweizer
I'm working on straightening out where my direct deposits go and when. I have two checking accounts and two savings accounts -- one set I plan to use for bills/debt payoff and emergency savings, and one set I plan to use for regular spending and short/long term savings goals. That plan seems right, but I've also thought about opening another savings account (or five) to keep everything separate. How many is too many? How many do you have and how do you distribute your funds?Read More...
I have one checking and one savings personally, but my son and I use a Household checking account for all our household expenses. I transfer a specific amount each payday to that account for utility, mortgage and improvement/maintenance costs. My personal stuff, I track on a spreadsheet. I am considering where my "side" income gets deposited because I want to live within my means of my full time job. Keeping all my funds in one account gives me better interest returns on those funds while I...Read More...
I have 2 checking and several (6) savings, at a few different banks. Keeping it separate makes it easier for me to save for different things. Emergency fund, longer term save, one for each kid (2), 1 for the car, 1 for misc, then a CD that I don't touch. I get my check direct deposited into three different accounts. Sounds complicated, but it really makes my life easier.Read More...
Currently have 2 but I am opening 1 more within the next week....Read More...
I have one checking and a savings account with the same bank for my E-fund. Then I have a high-yield online savings account. And then I have a house repair/renovation savings fund at another online bank. It seems to work for us.Read More...
Last Reply By SMcLain · First Unread Post