Make Money

How I Get 5/6 Customers To Leave Reviews (All Positive)

Hey guys, This piece of advice goes for everyone wether you’re a freelancer, hardened entrepreneur, a startup, or working on side income. For anyone who owns an Amazon/EBay or any business you might notice that only 2%-5% of all your sales get a review. Most of the time it seems like they’re pretty negative. I currently have an average of 83.3% review rate for all sales across all of my selling platforms. I’m going to go into how I do that: 1. Make sure your business focuses on customer...Read More...
Lots of great information indeed! It is getting harder and harder to get people to leave positive reviews, especially on eBay where I do most of my selling. It seems people are quick to leave negative reviews when the experience was bad but tend to forget to leave a positive review if they had a good experience. But, when you put in the effort to make the customer feel well taken care of, and apply the tips you have mentioned above, getting customers to leave positive reviews becomes a lot...Read More...
@MsKimberly Thank you!!! I hope you’re able to apply it and really help grow your business to the next level!!!!Read More...
Last Reply By Moore Income · First Unread Post

Need advice on working from home

Southern Mimi
Hi everyone, I'm 47 and married to a wonderful man. I have several serious illnesses but my mind if fine. I have tried to work from home before, but it was either a bust. I can write just about anything, and I was an English teacher for 9 years. Does anyone have any legitimate places where I could write, edit, etc. for a fair amount? Thank you for your help.Read More...
This is good stuff, Adam.Read More...
Hi @Southern Mimi . If you're just getting a start writing, look into these top freelancing websites . They can help you build up a portfolio and land better paying writing gigs in the future. If you have formal work experience as a writer, I would recommend looking into remote writing jobs. As @Moore Income mentioned above, The Penny Hoarder has its own work-from-home jobs portal . Next to customer service and tech support, writing jobs are the most popular. In regards to your illness, you...Read More...
Last Reply By sthom · First Unread Post

Pls help

Crissy Fultz
can I pls have some suggestions on how to make money from home online . I’m on disability and I barely survive with the amount I’m payed each month. I’m desperate for help and will be forever grateful for any advice or suggestionsRead More...
You may find this to be an excellent resource: https://www.theworkathomewoman.com/work-at-home-jobs/ I personally find this site very inspiring. However, check the rules and limits of your disability benefits...you don’t want to jump into the fire from the frying pan, so to speak. I can say, there are folks that have come from similar circumstances (on permanent disability) who have not only survived, but THRIVED working from home, better than they did before they were injured. I’m hoping to...Read More...
On SSDI Disability folks are allowed to work on a very part-time basis. You would have to call SSD and find out what your personal financial limit would be. You don't want to lose your disability because of a little part time work. My best friend once found herself in a very similar situation. So, I am just going to put this out there and what you do is up to you. She worked part-time as a "telephone actress". I'm pretty sure you know what that means. There seems to be quite a bit of...Read More...
Last Reply By BACito · First Unread Post

tutoring business

prestoneducation
I have been a private tutor for the past few years. It has been a been a great experience. I can work online or in my home. I decided to expand to my business. Now I launched tutoring platform for online tutors! The tutor choose their own prices and its commission free. Now all I need is ways to get new studentsRead More...
As a student living in the suburbs, I'd like to say that the fastest way for people in and around my city is by using an app called Nextdoor. It's a free app that connects the people within a city together—like a neighborhood watch sorta thing online. And the fastest way to spread word is by making others spread the word, rather than ads. Students who know they need help could see an ad, for example, and if they see that your edu system is working for them, they could tell their friends.Read More...
An AA is enough https://secure.tutorcruncher.c...ioncom/signup/tutor/Read More...
Last Reply By Brian Kim · First Unread Post

Instacart

hi, does anyone here shop for instacart? I was thinking it could be a good side gig for me but I want more info first. 😉 Thanks!Read More...
I've been doing Instacart for about two years. My honest review: + Schedule flexibility. + No people (just groceries) in my car. + Most people tip well, especially on rainy days. + DEFINITELY rounds out the budget - cash-flowed a trip to Disneyland two years ago and I've paid down $8000 in debt over the last year. + I commute over an hour to my primary job, so picking up a batch or two on my way home makes my commute (gas and tolls) tax deductible. + I make enough from my primary job to not...Read More...
I’ve worked Lyft, Uber, Postmates, Uber Eats, a food delivery service called Caviar (similar to Eat24 and Grubhub), and yes, Instacart. In evaluating them, I compared the average money I made (including tips) to the time spent actually working for it (not just time spent using the apps, which can be misleading). It came out to: Lyft, $26/hr; Uber, $25/hr; Postmates, $17/hr; Caviar & Uber Eats, $15/hr; and Instacart, $12/hr. Those numbers can be a little misleading, because they don’t...Read More...
Last Reply By Woz · First Unread Post

Part-Time Remote Opportunities

I am hoping to find a part-time situation that I can do remotely via telecommuting - something like proofreading or copy editing. Does anyone have any contacts or suggestions?Read More...
I am also interested in proofreading on the side with the added benefit that I am a T-SQL programmer and can read/edit code. Any 'tech' proofreading tips?Read More...
Hi @Ansonia , I made a post a while back that breaks down the most popular industries that offer remote job options. Check out that thread here, https://community.thepennyhoar...-work-from-home-jobs That link has more general information, btw. If you're looking for fresh remote job opportunities, browse The Penny Hoarder's remote jobs portal. https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/wfh/Read More...
Last Reply By Cheezy_poofs · First Unread Post

Sell photos

Krystl Hopkins
Hi, my name is Krystl and deaf. I want to try to save money for my family. I am wondering about sell my photos. Would it be any photos what I want to send and sell it? I love taking pictures. I am a good photographer..not professional yet. How do I do that? Thank you.Read More...
I am looking forward to getting into this. Thirty-two is a lot!Read More...
See #30 from Penny Hoarder: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...-make-money-at-home/Read More...
Last Reply By MsKimberly · First Unread Post

Earning Money

Dear,Penny Hoarder My name is Aaliyah and I was wondering how can I earn quick money fast less than two days.thnx uRead More...
Make stencils of football teams and go around making addresses for people in there favorite teamRead More...
That is a tough one for sure. The only way I know (but it really depends on your situation, where you live, etc) is to sign up for a food delivery service. A lot of them have a daily pay option where they charge a small fee to get your earnings right away. This might take a little longer than 2 days initially as most of the time they have to send you bags and a purchasing card but after that is taken care of, you can go out and deliver food and get paid the same day. Like I said though, I...Read More...
Last Reply By Jody Cortez · First Unread Post

Make Money Asking Questions On Quora

Moore Income
Did you know that you can make money on Quora? I had no idea until a while back when I got invited to the Quora Partner Program which pays you to ask questions by sharing the ad revenue generated from those questions. If you don't know what Quora is, it is basically a social media site where people ask questions and other people answer them. The Partner Program is by invite only and nobody really knows what makes Quora choose to invite you but if you have an account already, you may want to...Read More...
I don't think I had ever asked a question on Quora when I was invited to become a partner. I had answered several questions dealing with inverted yield curves, the LIBOR rate, investment timing, stock betas, etc. I was the only person to answer an investment question that received 200+ views, but other than that, viewership on my answers was fairly low.Read More...
This is helpful. I wish I did not have to be invited by Quora, and that I could just ask be included on this level.Read More...
Last Reply By MAJORHIGH · First Unread Post

Employment in the trades

KellyFromKeene
I love stories like this. https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...%7B%7Bitr_uuid%7D%7D The trades are so, SO important and often overlooked by people considering careers. I'm encouraging my kids to go in the trades. (Not too much pushing though, you know teenagers!) Anyone here work in the trades? I'm a Social Worker, so not me, but my fiancee is a Lineman. The money is great, the toll on his body, not so much; but its been a good career for him. If you are in the trades, how did you get into it?Read More...
My better half is a licensed land surveyor. I retired from a long career in real estate to help him open up his own business which we chose to run from our home. We were able to connect with builders and developers to create a niche surveying business that has served us very very well with low overhead. The trades are in high demand in our area of FL, save for the big crash in 2008, but they have bounced back full steam now.Read More...
Last Reply By mintjulep · First Unread Post

Make money

Tyrese Williams
How to make money ?Read More...
Could you help me learn about those ways to earn money in a mom of a five month old and we're in the verge of being homelessRead More...
There are many ways to make money. Far too many to list in one setting. It also will depend on your own situation how you can personally make money. What is your skill set and what are you interested in? The " Make Money " topic here on the forum is a great place to start getting some ideas about different ways to earn an income.Read More...
Last Reply By Samantha Lindstrom · First Unread Post

Need advice on how to pay for school

Daniel saboke
I am still a student in university pursuing a bachelor's degree in business management but my parents cannot afford to help me pay my school fees. What are some of my options?Read More...
I recommend joining a local credit union. They usually offer scholarships. Also check with your local teacher’s union. Our union gives scholarships each year. This year I believe we were able to give to everyone who applied. Neither would give much, but every little bit helps.Read More...
Scholarshippoints.com Cappex.com (my personal fav) grants FAFSA Selling old text books through textbookrush.com And if all else fails, the minimum amount available of government loansRead More...
Last Reply By Mathmommie · First Unread Post

WFH Transcription Woes??

Gabby
Hi! Is there anyone on here whose gone through a remote transcription job and could give me tips on speed and audio quality? I love transcription and have been working with Rev for a while now off and on, but I miss a lot of jobs because the best I have is a set of noise canceling headphones. Is it worth it to invest in a pedal or anything else to boost audio quality on my end??? If so, do you have any recommendations??? I'd like to do more than one freelance job so when one's workload is...Read More...

How to earn money with simple idea!

Trần Ngọc Tài
I have a friend started to make wine from sticky rice then some bbq at night on the street. People comes every night. First, they come to try sticky rice wine then get some foods. A lot of people enjoy it and my friend planing to open more local restaurant start by sticky rice wine. Simple but it worksRead More...
Very great idea .....Read More...
Wow, that's interesting. Great idea!!!Read More...
Last Reply By Yvonne Hill · First Unread Post

Fundrise

Is anyone currently using this app/company. Are you making good money with it?Read More...
HI, YES, I have joined this Co. ( Fundrise) just recently! I started with $500.00. I'm still in the "set up" stage, but looking to add monthly to the portfolio. I will have to go through this site and see where I want my money to go. But I also hear that some are not optional and they put your money where needed. ( which is fine as long as I make money).LOL I have done this with a telecom startup too, and I'm now getting divi's up to 230 euro a month. ( working my way by re-investing all...Read More...
This company is on my list of companies to try out. From what I have heard, they are a pretty good company, I just don't know how much people have earned with them. Since the entry investment is $500, it makes it a little harder for the average person to join, but I am curious as well if it is a worthy investment. I will be sure to update you when I start using them after a while.Read More...
Last Reply By frugal dutchy · First Unread Post

Saving money

Looking for an app that lets make money from survey's and opinionsRead More...
I use Swagbucks and InstaGC. I just access the websites on my phone. Prolific Academic is another great survey site.Read More...
I use Swagbucks on a desktop computer, but I know they have apps too & have just started to let you upload receipts to their app to earn SB (points to redeem for gift cards & paypal). Has anyone used their app to upload receipts? I know I use Checkout51, CoinOut & Receipt Hog (we don't have Ibotta in Canada yet).Read More...
Last Reply By Vanessa · First Unread Post

Make money apps

Need to find apps to make mondyRead More...
I use Swagbucks and InstaGC. I just access the websites on my phone, although Swagbucks does have a number of video apps and a survey app. I make $100-$200 a month doing this.Read More...
Have you looked into any of these? https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...y/money-making-apps/Read More...
Last Reply By Vanessa · First Unread Post

Side Hustle for Anxious Artists?

MountainFan
Has anyone here had real success selling artwork in some way? I know the basic "sell on Etsy or Redbubble" advice, but I'm curious as to real stories and accounts. My only experience with Etsy was fairly negative, so I'd rather find something more suited to illustrator type artists. Since I struggle with anxiety, selling artwork in person through a gallery or cafe is totally daunting. I live in a small town and don't feel ready to step into the real-world art galleries quite yet. Another...Read More...
I would recommend fivrr and zazzle. I think these sites should be what you are looking for as far as the type of art you make and helping with your anxiety.Read More...
SOLOMAN you reminded me of some thing a friend did she would make small painting and than hold a contest and send it to the winner of the contest. She did get sales this way. I had another friend Jason who passed away. He was disabled and he used his mouth to paint and had a dazzle I think it is store. My you could look into some thing like that to. All so if your town holds an arts and craft fair go buy a table or booth there and get your art work out that way. The last place I was at they...Read More...
Last Reply By Miranda Mattson · First Unread Post

How can I make money?

Guys how do I make money here?Read More...
It is pretty awesome @Kim Vick ! Look forward to seeing you around the community and hopefully you will hold the title of "Member of the Month" soon!Read More...
I didn't know u were engaged in the community, there is a monthly $25 prize for Member of the Month (one person each month who is most active/engaged in the community.) This is awesome to know...Read More...

How I Make $600 Working 8 Hours a Week.

Hey! My name is Soloman. I’m 21 years old and I make $600/week working 8 hours total. I can’t guarantee you’ll make as much as I do. Every state has it’s own average salary and other things that may result in more or less income. But this works for me and I hope it works for you. I’m a professional reseller. I used to sell on EBay strictly. But now I sell on Amazon, Facebook Marketplace, Craigslist, OfferUp, Letgo...etc Before anyone thinks you need a bunch of money to make money let me shut...Read More...
@Rosemary Green Great suggestion! I have personally gone to a few local auctions. Not storage auctions, but auctions where they are selling all sorts of stuff. You can get a lot of stuff for cheap, but I have found that the stuff you do get cheap is generally not the best items to resell. There is quite a bit of competition at auctions so it is harder to get items at a good price to resell. I have looked into storage auctions, but from what I have heard, those are pretty competitive as well.Read More...
Hi, I'm just curious if any of you resellers have ever gone to auctions? I find the TV show about buying deserted storage areas contents interesting. You might be able to find all sorts of things there.Read More...

Big Starts

Michelle Mollard
Hi all - I'd like to get a big start to earning from home/side hustles/gigs while I build my dream business. I've just signed up with REV (transcription) and do some reselling, but my turnover is super low and slow :( Any other ideas on how to quickly scale my side hustles? I can't use my car, so Uber/Lyft are out, but I've considered Shipt/InstaCart/Amazon. Thanks for your suggestions!!Read More...
That's a helpful suggestion, thanks so much!Read More...
@Michelle Mollard There are quite a few products that I am looking for currently. One example is "Commodity Gold" a perfume that was discontinued. People have been finding it at TJ Maxx and other stores. It can be purchased for about $45 and sells on eBay for around $150 to $200 There are many other items, I would recommend checking out " Thrift to Travel " on Instagram as well as YouTube. She was the one I first saw doing this and she posts regular BOLO's (be on the lookout) and other...Read More...
Last Reply By Michelle Mollard · First Unread Post

Side Hustles

Kirsten Cherry
I was first introduced to the concept of a “side hustle” when I saw a YouTube video by The Penny Hoarder talking about them. I was beyond intrigued. I followed a link to one of their articles about different side hustles you can do to make extra cash. I swear there were over 100 options and as soon as I started reading it, I began signing up for nearly all of them. It took hours and has been so worth it. That article has changed my outlook on money and how to spend and save properly. I...Read More...
I can never get an app approved except for the fraudulent jobs that want to pay you out of the program. What type of work did you get so far?Read More...
I try different side hustles at all times I keep 3 or 4 going to allow me more money to pay down my credit card balances. They have gotten out of control and some of them even got closed on me. After having 5 years of perfect payment history those credit cards overwhelmed me. I do adult CNA work for a disabled family member. I do the errands and the shopping part. Transportation to Dr appts. I am on disability so I need to limit any money I make. I was doing secret shopping and could make up...Read More...
Last Reply By Leslie Kay · First Unread Post