Make Money

Featured Topics

This week in... The Penny Hoarder Community

Ashlee
We’ve survived another week and made it to Friday Penny Hoarders! Anyone else a holiday procrastinator like I am? Thanks to our Daily newsletter, I was reminded that there are only two weeks until Halloween - EEK! I still have no idea what I am dressing up as but want to take a more budget friendly approach with my costume this year. What are you all dressing up as? Do you have any tips for creating a fun costume on a budget? And now for this week’s announcements… Grab your library cards...Read More...

Hello, everyone! Nice to meet you!

Ashlee
Hey, everyone! I am Ashlee, your new Community Ambassador. I have worked at The Penny Hoarder since the beginning of the year. I am super excited about my new role in the community and spending more time getting to know all of you here! And, in case you were wondering, my top financial goal right now is saving for the long term. So now for my first official announcement... First, some big news! W e've put together a member survey that will help us better help YOU on your way to accomplishing...Read More...
Hey @BeckAtsila , welcome! Glad to see you here.Read More...
Hi @BeckAtsila , it's nice to meet you!Read More...
Last Reply By KellyFromKeene · First Unread Post

Topics

Make money to support my college needs

Tehreem Umar
Hey its Tehreem! I am financialy disable these days to support my college needs. I am desperately in need of a online job and want to do it in my time as I don't have a fixed routine. I am good at writing articles specially on social topics. I would be overwhelmed if you can guide me to a authentic and promising forum. Thank you!Read More...
Thank you! Yes I want to do something that does not effect my studies.Read More...
Try to check Upwork for some freelance content writing job. Make sure that you will be able to manage your time studying and working at the same time.Read More...
Last Reply By Tehreem Umar · First Unread Post

Making money online

Chimalita Nathan
Hi everyone, I'm Chimalita. I'd like to know the list of Free legit online businesses where one can make enough money a day without being afraid of SCAM.Read More...

Passive Income Strategies

Theodora
Hello, Penny Hoarders! My long-term financial goal is to build multiple passive income streams. Do any of have strategies, experiences, aspirations to share? Would love to learn from you!Read More...

work at home

Mexpensive
Does anyone here do work at home jobs? How about task jobs that can be done on the computer? Anyone here do side gigs like TaskRabbit? Or Rover, or shopping gigs like Shipit? Just wondering as I am weighing my options. Thanks in advance.Read More...
Awesome Great!! Thanks Again!Read More...
Hi Moira. That’s great! I just reached out to you via FB. We have a lot of resources for you to connect with. -BrendaRead More...
Last Reply By Moira Kerry DelNero · First Unread Post
Hi everyone, I am wondering if anyone has any ideas to contribute to my current situation. My husband & I have 1 child (my stepson but we have full custody & the mother is not involved). He is 12 years old & has Spinal Muscular Atrophy Type II, a rare genetic condition that causes his muscles to deteriorate over time. He is in a power wheelchair & needs help with virtually every physical task (mentally he's beyond his peers - he skipped a grade, he's in normal non-special Ed.Read More...
@uasbean17 I need to speak to his social services case manager for sure... we've spoken a couple of times but I need to be more informed before I do so. She was not proactive in suggesting what options are out there for us, so I need to be ready with questions!Read More...
@Mountain girl @uasbean17 I will definitely look into the ABLE fund, I'd never heard of it before! Thank you!Read More...
Last Reply By A.Gonzalez · First Unread Post

Virtual Assistant Job

Elizabeth Grace Bull
How do you know if a legitimate company and/or individual is advertising for such a position? I don't want to give out personal information to anyone.Read More...
Try to check a reputable job portal, if you are not sure try to read the reviews available on Google.Read More...
Check out the Pennyhoarder work from home job page: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...h/?aff_sub2=homepage . Don't give out your social security number, address or bank account numbers to someone you don't know; I'm sure you already know this but I thought I should reiterate.Read More...
Last Reply By margarette stine · First Unread Post

Making $$$ from home

Haley Bolin
Hi there! 🙋🏼‍♀️ My name is Haley and I am a new mother in Nashville with a 2 1/2 month old and will not be returning to work anytime soon. My son is having some health issues that requires him to have frequent visits to various clinics and has resulted in a week long hospital stay two different times already, so working a regular job right now is just not feasible in the least. I was hoping some of you fine folk might have some promising leads on ways to make money at home. Any dollar I...Read More...
Hi, I just want to add that doing the surveys is no joke. I've earned almost $800 in gift cards in just over 2 years. My favorite sites are....mypoints.com, surveyjunkie.com and inboxdollars.com. And congrats on your new little one. I hope the medical issues go away soon.Read More...
While searching for that perfect wah opportunity, you could complete some surveys, on line focus groups, and/or in person focus groups as time permits. I've participated in 3 focus groups so far this year and complete surveys on a daily basis for cash, merchandise, or gift cards. Hope this helps!Read More...
Last Reply By Angelcat47 · First Unread Post

business development

HI can you guys pls help me, i started this amazon bus development and i have a web site I have dropship site, I have facebook business pg etc, but I really am lost on actually what you do to make money can anyone help, they said when the orders come send them, but getting orders? pls helpRead More...
I've not tried Amazon........yet, but I have sold on ebay and Etsy and found the best source of information is within each website forums. People there are very helpful (in general, some trolling but I ignore it) Within my online venues I have found research and keeping on top of trends is essential. You must also keep track of every penny of your expenses. Ebay and Etsy both have raised their seller fees recently and both now collect fees on your shipping costs. I had a bad habit of...Read More...
Last Reply By mintjulep · First Unread Post

WORK AT HOME

i Live in Oceanside, CA , does anyone know of any good work at home jobsites to work for businesses though and not all those online programs and surveys are good but a real job from a business, thanks guysRead More...
@Leave in Conditioner , thanks for the info. My wife said she'll be looking at these soon.Read More...
That is what I want to spend time doing....looking at those.Read More...
Last Reply By AverageJoe · First Unread Post

HOW TO START YOUR OWN ONLINE TUTORING BUSINESS?

Traci Fischer
Are you well versed with expert teaching skills that you wish to share with people? Do you want to be available to students and help them get high-quality education? If your answer is a yes, then you must know how to start your own online tutoring business. Various students require constant help with many subjects or topics. The use of internet technology has expanded essentially. It has now become easy to teach students on the internet. Online tutoring business includes fewer start-up...Read More...
Glad I could help. Reach out to me anytime if you have additional questions.Read More...
Hey Binns, You have done it! What? solved one of my problems. I love this article.Even thought it was out of your mind. Thanks a lot. Regards J.Kinyua On Mon, 23 Sep 2019 at 15:06, The Penny Hoarder Community < [email protected]> wrote:Read More...
Last Reply By Christopher Binns · First Unread Post

FlexJobs

I just saw this reduced cost for FlexJobs, a place for searching for flexible and remote jobs, that I've mentioned in the forum previously. They frequently have sales and they're having a particularly good one today only. 7. Flexjobs, a popular job board listing opportunities for remote and flexible jobs, is taking 50 percent off each of its membership plans on Sept. 27 only. Use the code FAMILY to purchase a $15 one-month membership for $7.50, a $30 3-month membership for $15, and a...Read More...

SSDI Isn't Enough To Make Ends Meet

Yolanda Vivien Archuleta
I'm on SSDI, married $695./month isn't much. My debt to ratio is more debts increased due to temporary illness. May I get positive feedback to get back on track financially !!! I do have good creditRead More...
Thank y’all soooo much!! I’ve done a lot of these mentioned. Mystery shopping, posh Mark, selling stuff. just kinda looking for some new ideas 💡Read More...
Contact your congressman or senator regarding resources available for fixed income & disabled. I’m on Ssdi as well, but disability retired from the federal government - so my pensions were a bit higher. You can also work up to a certain amount per month before they start to count the monies you earn against your pension. Go to Ssa.gov for additional information about these programs. Best of luck!Read More...
Last Reply By KKimberly · First Unread Post

Work from home

Mya Dangelmaier
Have been out of work due not being able to go in community settings because of illness. Savings dwindling and tired of looking for at home or remote only to find scams or surveys. I do surveys here and there. So any advice on reputable companies. Computer savvy. Data entry customer service. Again any help in a good direction would be womderfulRead More...
Hey @Joyce Taylor I really think you would benefit from the upcoming online events about work-from-home jobs. The host, My Employment Option, specializes in finding people on SSI & SSDI legit remote work. They have certified benefits counselors that can help you navigate your benefits and the job hunt. I highly, highly recommend you check out the webinar and the career fair. The webinar is about finding legit WFH jobs, this Thurs. at 3 p.m. Eastern. The following event is a virtual job...Read More...
I can't work either because of a illness. I am on SSI, and i would love to work from home.I have been doing these surveys, commenting of some web sites, that don't pay nothing but pennies.Read More...
Last Reply By Adam · First Unread Post

I Found Another Way, To Earn Money

Joyce Taylor
I use this App on my phone, called Coin out and all I do is scan my receipts. And I get cash back on the web site. I really enjoy using this web site. It don't pay out much, but I still like using this web site.Read More...
Here in Canada they have Shoppers Drug Mart points card ,when you buy merchandise they give you point , I have now over $100 in credit to purchase any items from the storeRead More...
I use Ibotta and Shopkick. Both take time to accumulate a payout,but every little bit helps. I am going to try Coin Out . Thanks for the tip!Read More...
Last Reply By The Shawn Murphy Journal · First Unread Post

Blogging

Katiebug08
Hello I'm new here but have followed Penny hoarder for a while. I currently work full time right now Monday thru Friday 8-5. I hate it. I've been working these 8-5 type jobs all the time and I'm just tired of it.I've never ever gotten fulfillment from a job away from home. I would love to be able to blog about my hobbies and things I'm passionate about but have no idea where to start. The thought of having to keep up with the whole html crazy website stuff scares me but I'm so tired of this...Read More...
If you're serious about wanting to blog and make money I'd start learning everything you can about affiliate marketing. Check out www.makingsenseofcents.com or www.ruthsoukup.com . You can learn some stuff from free on these sites but to learn more you'll have to purchase the classes, which aren't necessarily cheap.Read More...
I hope you will find you interest, in blogging I would love to, do that myself I have searched on websites. But most of them want money to join.Read More...
Last Reply By lismox · First Unread Post

How Do I Earn My points

Joyce Taylor
I am confused on this site, how do i earn my points on this site? I read the instructions I still don't get it, can someone please help me. So I can get this right.Read More...
You have helped me out a great deal, with my question I thank you a lot for this.Read More...
Hi Joyce, You can earn points by engaging within the community...posting a new thread topic, posting comments on existing threads, sharing on social, etc. Does that help? Also, you might want to check out the FAQ info in the Get Started section. https://community.thepennyhoar...reference-guide-faqsRead More...
Last Reply By Joyce Taylor · First Unread Post

This mom needs work!

I have a 3-year-old son but daycare has a waiting list. I need a serious online job or creative gig. Any ideas?Read More...
If I may ask, what's the name of the company?Read More...
My company is actually looking for people to help enter businesses into a database for a kids directory. All that’s required is simple Google searches and data entry. If you’re interested, send me a message.Read More...
Last Reply By Jillian Tyre · First Unread Post

Plasma donation

Saves live and depending on where you go there is compensation for your time.Read More...
I donated several years ago when I was making a good income. It helped me, but I was terrible at saving, so I'm not sure how much. I still have scars from my donations and even though we're not rich now I wouldn't do it again. That and I take meds and I don't want them titrating out of my body.Read More...
Thanks, Jacob. I donated years and years ago. Just wondering if things have changed much. Thinking about trying it again for supplemental income.Read More...
Last Reply By lismox · First Unread Post

need to make extra money

Amanda Ramsbottom
Look to make some extra money had some hospital visits that i need to pay off anyone have any suggestions.Read More...
Hi Amanda- you & me both- looking to make extra $- I know people don't want to clutter the market w/ tips so that they can make $ too, but I don't mind sharing what I've done so far- (in the name of neighbors helping neighbors and putting positivity out into the world and all of that...) What's worked really well in early at least an extra $125/wk as long as I answer every lead and follow through with it (you'd be surprised at the large # of calls/ texts you will receive) for me, and for...Read More...
Last Reply By jen.$aving$.in$outhFL · First Unread Post

Scholarships

Averie Messenger
Hello Everyone, I'm seeking advice for scholarships. The few on my college website are few and far between and very specific for applicants (like year, major, and extracurriculars). I'm searching for other avenues to win scholarships online but I need some help locating good websites that are legit. I have an excellent GPA and I can write essays or anything as necessary. Does anyone have any tips? AverieRead More...
I talked to my profs for my degree; they tended to know more ins and outs or major specific scholarships than my financial advisor did. I also talked to librarians, not just at my college but my main library. Weirdly enough, they knew a lot of other legitimate resources I could look into or could show me a section where I might find what I was looking for. Our main library apparently had an ENTIRE section of books with just website and foundation listings that offered scholarships I'd never...Read More...
If you have any special skills, you might want to look organizations or groups that support those special skills. Over the years I have viewed scholarships for people who are left-handed....being home schooled...etc.Read More...
Last Reply By Gabby · First Unread Post

Job Searching: Grit and Prayer

Scotirish
Not real certain where this fits in this community, but in a recent Hoarder e-mail they spoke about Zero Based Budgeting. My wife and I had just returned from our honeymoon as I resumed my position as a bookkeeper for a publishing company. The company wasn't doing well financially and soon several of us were released with a severance check to hold us until we landed on our feet. Not only did I not have the marketable skills necessary to traverse the rough road ahead of me but I also had a...Read More...
Thank you for the encouraging note.Read More...
Congratulations! What a great story, and I'm happy that it all worked out, and is still working out for you!Read More...
Last Reply By Olivia · First Unread Post

Work at home jobs

n.gordon
Looking for advice on the best companies for online work from home jobs. I have looked at REV so far, and FLexJobs seems to want a fee. Any ideas out there? Thanks!Read More...
I am sorry but I really don't know what this is...you build apps?Read More...
Yes, FlexJobs wants a small fee but they frequently have specials. You can buy just one month, 3 months, etc., memberships. The thing about them is that they cull for the best legitimate "real" jobs (that you may not have time for doing all the searching), and I guarantee their legitimacy. I found my first editing freelance job with them back in 2015 when I semi-retired. But, I've also found work via Indeed and Glassdoor. You know, I looked at REV also. Who needs the aggravation? I don't...Read More...
Last Reply By n.gordon · First Unread Post

Employment in the trades

KellyFromKeene
I love stories like this. https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...%7B%7Bitr_uuid%7D%7D The trades are so, SO important and often overlooked by people considering careers. I'm encouraging my kids to go in the trades. (Not too much pushing though, you know teenagers!) Anyone here work in the trades? I'm a Social Worker, so not me, but my fiancee is a Lineman. The money is great, the toll on his body, not so much; but its been a good career for him. If you are in the trades, how did you get into it?Read More...
Hubby is a licensed electrician and we opened up our own electrical contracting business from home. Now that he's getting older and no longer wants to physically do the work anymore, we have transitioned to doing estimating and job/material tracking for the labor companies. It's so wonderful to do trade work from home. He will do some electrical projects on the side. And we're about to transition again to small real estate investing projects where we take the electrical and also invest in...Read More...
My better half is a licensed land surveyor. I retired from a long career in real estate to help him open up his own business which we chose to run from our home. We were able to connect with builders and developers to create a niche surveying business that has served us very very well with low overhead. The trades are in high demand in our area of FL, save for the big crash in 2008, but they have bounced back full steam now.Read More...
Last Reply By LeighofMar · First Unread Post

work from home

Diane Stevens-Zombo Mennen
I am a retired HR director for a major airline. I would like to do work from home to add to our income. Computer work, or mystery shopping. I need a reputable company referral.Read More...
Hi @Diane Stevens-Zombo Mennen Have you looked at The Penny Hoarder's work from home portal? https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/wfh/Read More...
Last Reply By Theodora · First Unread Post