Skip to main content

Investment

Featured Topics

Napkin Finance — How Are You Preparing for Retirement?

Nicole D.
What are you doing to prepare yourself for retirement? If you're reading along what tips have you found helpful from “Napkin Finance?” I don’t know about you, but I wish I had a time machine to send me back about a decade so I could get an earlier start on saving for retirement. I struggled with money in my 20s and didn’t have enough financial savvy to truly grasp the importance of starting at a young age. “Napkin Finance” is one of those books that people of all ages should get their hands...Read More...
I remain with an employer that pays a fabulous (!) retirement contribution. I started mine at about 40, so I have some catching up to do.Read More...
I've been trying to allocate as much as possible to my retirement accounts. Like Nicole, I wish I had done more earlier, but I feel comfortable with my current allocations. It's a journey, for sure.Read More...
Last Reply By KellyFromKeene · First Unread Post

Topics

Investing

Elite Four47
There is honestly no better time than now to start investing in the stock or forex market... especially considering this platform http://partners.etoro.com/A81627_TClick.aspx it allows you to copy trades from the most successful traders in the world in the comfort of your own home... feel free to check it out!Read More...

Stash

Brigat
Hello. Can anyone share good or bad experiences they've had with Stash? Thanks.Read More...

How does one start investing in real estate?

Maryann
Hi everyone! I've been doing a lot of research on real estate investing. I know one way to do this is to become a landlord. I was curious if there is anyone in the community who owns and rents out homes, apartments, etc.? - If so, can you share any advice you have around getting started? - Is there anything you know now that you wished you would have known when you first started? And, if you're not a landlord but invest in real estate in other ways, I'd love to hear about your experiences...Read More...

Commercial Real Estate

Alex McDonough
In the article " If You Have More Than $1,000 in Your Checking Account, Make These 6 Moves" The first suggestion is to invest in commercial real estate. With Covid affecting every business and work from home becoming a reality, I challenge this suggestion as it looks more and more like commercial real estate is about to collapse as new buildings are increasingly empty.Read More...

Investment apps

Tim F.
I have been interested in the investment apps such as Stash, Acorns, and Robinhood. I've been using them for a while now, mostly Stash, and now have more income and would like to get more into investing. Now, I still don't have a bunch of money to invest. Which is why I enjoy Stash with the fractional shares. I like Acorns' of the ease of investment with the funds already picked out. And I like the free trade and ease of trade on Robinhood. I have a 401k through my employer so that is my big...Read More...

Just Starting Out

Grant J
Hi, my name is Grant and I am about to embark on my first real job. I am almost 19 years old and have always been very big in money management and investing, even as a child. I have worked a few different minimum wage jobs and have been very successful in them. After 2 years of college, I realized it wasn't for me and although being on track to managing my own department at my grocery store I decided to go into real estate as not only am I good at and love sales, but I don't want to live a...Read More...

Motley Fool

Hi Everyone I'm checking in about a subject that's as foreign as it could possibly be. After a couple yrs now I've come to trust almost any source promoted by PH. I've wanted to take small steps in investing for awhile so just put $100. Into Motley Fool last week. Anyone have sustained interaction with them you want to share + tips or feedback? Lastly, why is it called, M Fool? Thanks in advance!!Read More...

Masterworks

megfmatt
Has anyone ever invested in art? This company, Masterworks, lets you buy shares for $20 (minimum $1000 purchase) on famous pieces of art. When it sales in a few years, you split the profits with other share holders. Wondering how to find out if this is actually legitimate or even a good idea.Read More...

Investment apps

Connie Alvarez
I have an investment app that Penny Hoarder suggested. Is this an opportune time to be investing with the stock market being the way it is, at this time?Read More...

What app are you using to invest your money in?

Al Vergara
I have heard of very many different apps and websites but which are you personally using to make a profit with your money? What is the entry cost or fees to use it? Feedback would be appreciated if you have been investing for a long period of time.Read More...

Cryptocurrency

Adrienne Morgan
I inherited a chunk of money recently. I decided I would finally buy a house (I rent now). My credit is yuck so I figured a 20% down payment. And I had enough to fix my new house up a bit too. But.......the house prices have gone so high, I just can’t do it! So I’m going to wait a few years. In the meantime, I am very interested in investing in cryptocurrency. I know it’s risky. But you can also make a ton! Investing in the stock market nowadays is no good. Any advice?Read More...

6 steps of safe and effective financial investment

nguyennguyenbinh
Investment always comes with risks. So how to invest safely and effectively? Step 1: Determine your needs : When thinking about investing, you should first consider your current financial situation. The problem is not a lot of money or a little money, but ... ... do you have to use this money while investing? What level of liquidity do you need to invest? Do you have to withdraw capital or not? Liquidity is an important factor in choosing the type of investment. Investment money should only...Read More...

How to capitalize from the stock market panic right now.

Elon Must Save
Hi Team, This post is going to be short and straight forward. Because of the panic due to Covid 19 the stock market has plummeted. It recently saw the biggest drop in a single day since 2008. So what to do. The best thing to do is open an investing account. If you have more than $10k then open a Vanguard account and buy the S&P 500 index fund. Its symbol is VOO. If you have less than 10K then sign up for the Robinhood app on iPhone and Android. This is a commission-free platform. Then do...Read More...

Rental property

I am thinking it would be great to purchase a condo in Scottsdale, AZ. The market there has been going up more than 5% a year. I rent a condo there for a month in the winter. I am spending what would be about 4-5 months mortgage payments! I am wondering if I can afford to buy the condo or if it would ever be advised with this volatile time? I am retired, so limited on funds and would need to have a mortgage.Read More...

Annuity

We are trying to understand how an annuity works exactly and not able to find much info. Fiance has a 25,000 annuity that he can cash out at 59 1/2, he is 58 now. Contemplating if it is a good idea to cash it out now to pay off a 15,000 (at 10% interest) child support debt. Feedback please.Read More...

good and bad deals on Roofstock (Turnkey rental properties)

Hi, I'm new to real estate investing. I already have some money invested in Fundrise which is basically stock in real estate (paper real estate). I want to get into physical real estate. I have no real estate experience. My question is how do I know the difference between a good and a bad deal on a turnkey investment property on roofstock. I would just use a mortgage calculator online but how do I know the difference between a good and bad deal on roofstock for turnkey RE investments? Thanks.Read More...
Share a tip / Ask a Question
Post By Email

You can also post new topics to this forum via email. Just compose your topic and send the email here: [email protected]