Skip to main content

Make Money

What's the best job or side gig you've ever had and why?

Maryann
I'm curious: what's a job you held that you just loved and why? For me, it was actually my first job as a teenager. I was a librarian's assistant. I basically spent every day near books. As a certified bookworm, it was a dream role and the additional pocket money was the cherry on the top, especially as a teen. I have a career in marketing now that I absolutely love, but when I think back, working at the library was definitely an amazing gig I'll always remember.Read More...

Should I create a LLC?

Hello Community! I've recently been looking into some extra ways to make some money and i'm thinking of creating and selling digital products(ebooks, templates, etc.). I wanted to know if any of you have experience with owning a LLC and if it would be beneficial for me(tax purposes wise) for the products to be created from an LLC vs. something just created by myself. Thanks so much for your help!Read More...

Ideas on how to make $ at home

Tempestt Gebhardt
Looking for ideas to make $ from home. Preferably quick easy $ but really just $ period. When suggesting please be mindful that I’m “craft” challenged lol I see ideas for crafts online all the time, I love them, enjoy doing them but no matter what the craft is my outcome is that of an unsupervised kindergartener during art 🤦🏻‍♀️😂 (no I’m not exaggerating.) so making anything to sell is hard no so any other suggestions are much appreciated.Read More...

Instacart

hi, does anyone here shop for instacart? I was thinking it could be a good side gig for me but I want more info first. 😉 Thanks!Read More...

Working at home

Amy_patt
I love all the work PH puts into working from home and maintaining the job site. Vetting the companies before sharing postings, tips and advice, all great. So I was shocked when I saw that PH had many positions available but none classified as remote option possible. Could it be they don't follow their own advice?Read More...

Passive Income Strategies

Theodora
Hello, Penny Hoarders! My long-term financial goal is to build multiple passive income streams. Do any of have strategies, experiences, aspirations to share? Would love to learn from you!Read More...

Selling items through apps/online

K_87
Hi, I was wondering which sites/apps you would recommend for selling items. I've used Mercari, eBay, PoshMark, and Facebook Marketplace to buy things. However, I know that on most apps/sites the seller doesn't make much, at least that's the case with Mercari and PoshMark. I like Facebook Marketplace and Nextdoor because they are local and I wouldn't have to worry about shipping costs. Craigslist kind of creeps me out because I've heard so many disturbing stories that started with the site. I...Read More...
I am on Social Security Disability due to a brain injury. I would like to find out how I can make money from home, and what my income limits are. Not looking for a set schedule due to probably not being able to keep up with it. I was a Dietary Manager at a Nursing Home, and was in the food service business for 25 years. Online surveys don't really make much money. Any advice would be appreciated.Read More...

Make Money on What Other People Throw Away

America is a throw-away society. We all know that. We all have a lot of junk that we do not need, and just about all of us have things piling up relentlessly in out attics, garages, basements, closets and even in the wide open of the back yard. A lot of people try to ignore the problem until they can no longer get into their garage, or when they find it impossible to squeeze one more item into the attic. They have too much junk and they need to get rid of it. Often, they will pay someone to...Read More...

Entry Level Employment in NYC

marcdjones
Good morning everyone, I have a stepson that has been struggling with finding employment in NYC over the past several month. He has over 4 years experience working in the check cashing business, 2 years as a freelance photographer and 1 year experience working in retail. Please let me know if anyone mya have some guidance or any opening they may know of that he can apply for. Any assistance will truly be appreciated.Read More...

Help

Losing everything
I am stuck. Need emergency funds now! Please help! Car has been repossessed. Eviction notice. Daughter is being taken away due to no vehicle. I've tried every resource possible and nothing recently. I have no one to help me and no support. I had to refile for unemployment and not sure when that will come, but its just not enough to get out of this financial disaster.Read More...

Need Help: Prices for Personized Poems

My husband writes poetry. He loves this and wants to make a business out of it. He has a website: http://www.writingsbyjim.net/ He has some poems up there now but has written many more he just has to post. He want to write personized poems for special events in peoples life. We need your help to find out how much people might pay for this: Here are some prices I have come up with for the poems. Price of poems are based on 10 to 12 lines of poem. Are they reasonable? Are they to high? Are...Read More...
Good Morning, Good Afternoon, and Good Night TPH members! I've been a Penny Hoarder admirer from afar, enjoyed the advice provided by the website, the members, and many links provided by both. I will be saying goodbye to my current employer in the next few weeks to dive into the tele-work market. My request for information is about the tools needed to be successful. I've read that a newer desktop computer is often more efficient than a Chromebook or mac. I have wireless monitors, keyboard,...Read More...
Share a tip / Ask a Question
Post By Email

You can also post new topics to this forum via email. Just compose your topic and send the email here: [email protected]