Make Money

4 simple Ideas for side income - the helpful version

Elon Must Save
I know there are plenty of youtube videos and blogs on passive or side income but I wanted to condense it here. From my experience, most of these videos or blogs are pretty unhelpful for two reasons. 1. they tell you things like, download this app and make $50 a year, (not enough money to make a difference) or 2. they list the obvious ones like go drive for Uber or Lyft. Great idea I would have never thought of that on my own. This is my shortlist of four effective ways I have found that you...Read More...
Hi Lena, I am in a wheelchair too, so can only relate what I've done in the past. But...! You could still tutor a child from your wheelchair. Do you sew, crochet or knit? You could sell those things, and/or teach someone else to sew/crochet/knit. Do you write? You could Freelance; or the local newspaper may need a column writer. Do you read aloud well? Some companies need readers for audio books. Do you draw or paint? You could teach others to use art skills. You could create something and...Read More...
We Done Ideas!Read More...
Last Reply By Jenny Waldensi · First Unread Post

Financial Fitness February: Day 3

Moore Income
The days are just flying by and we are already 3 days into this month. As part of my challenge to share my financial wins and encourage others to do the same, here's what went down today... 1.) I Spent More Money - now, I know that may not sound like a financial win at first glance but allow me to explain. The money spent was on products that I have sourced for my reselling business, so although the money is spent today, I consider it more of an investment as I plan to sell the products I...Read More...
Great stuff, I have some catching up to do as this was Day 3.Read More...
@dboothe Sent you a message as well!Read More...
Last Reply By Scotirish · First Unread Post

Passive Income Strategies

Theodora
Hello, Penny Hoarders! My long-term financial goal is to build multiple passive income streams. Do any of have strategies, experiences, aspirations to share? Would love to learn from you!Read More...
Rentals are considered passive income, but it is not absolutely passive. There is work involved.Read More...
Your plan sounds great. We've been thinking about this also, but we have a large house in a sought-after area, which would make it hard to rent the whole house (the rent would be a house payment and most people don't want to rent in our area, they'd rather just buy, I think). We've been thinking about whether it would make more financial sense to keep the house and pay it off quicker by renting half of it (which would mean we could charge a cheaper rental price but still make a good chunk of...Read More...
Last Reply By sthom · First Unread Post

Extra money on the side

Can you make extra money taking surveys on this site or does anyone know or have any ideas how to make a little extra cash here and there?Read More...
A couple I would add that I have been with for a while. iSecretShop - https://isecretshop.com/register Gigspot - https://gigspot.com/getStarted#createAccount MarketForce - https://shopper.marketforce.co...gin/newShopper/Apply This is the one I have done the most shops with. I must say also that with these companies I have gotten paid every time for my successful shops.Read More...
Getting ready to move beginning of March. Heading to NC. Need some extra income have to check these out when we get settled in, if you've been with them that long must be reputable. Thanks.Read More...
Last Reply By Moore Income · First Unread Post

Make money from home

Leo S basebybase7
I have learned to build one page websites for affiliate marketing, I have also built my email list. Currently writing my ebook which I will be selling soon. Something is just now going my way and I am right there in the mean while I can use a way to make money from home. I am looking for solutions?Read More...
thank you. i will jump on it ASAPRead More...
If your passion is to share your ideas, views, and research about your niche, then there is nothing better than starting a blog to earn consistent income from Google Adsense. As you mentioned, you have learned about creating a one-page website. You can sign up for a free Google AdSense Account. From there, Google will give you a unique code that you will paste onto your website. Google takes it from there, tracking your page views, traffic, and earnings on your behalf. Recommended read: How...Read More...
Last Reply By Leo S basebybase7 · First Unread Post

Is there Really a way to make MONEY ONLINE?

BearWarrior
Greetings, I have tried several different PROMISES" about making Money online and most the time it's just a con-game where they make Money off of you and then get Ripped Off ! So my Question are there any "REAL PROGRAMS" out there where Money can be made and I would appreciate Proof; Im tired of having my Money "STOLEN" !!! Sincerely, BradyRead More...
Hi @BearWarrior , It depends on what you're trying to accomplish. There is no 'get rich quick' scheme out there except for the scammers. There are ways to make money online, but you're only talking a few bucks a day. Unless you find a work from home job, you're not going to make a steady income. There are options such as online surveys, selling online through eBay/amazon/Etsy/etc, freelance online jobs such as translating or freelance writing. NONE of these require any money sent to anyone...Read More...
Last Reply By JeremyM · First Unread Post

Earn well with little Money?

BearWarrior
Greetings, I have spent a few thousand but the Stocks go up and then with time way down; what am I doing Wrong? Can you perhaps suggest the type of Stock to get into for a 69 year old? Thanks, Brady HarnessRead More...

Financial Fitness February: Day 7 (Big WIN)

Moore Income
Hard to believe a whole week of this month has already past! Time really does fly by when your having fun! Let's get into this day of finances. 1.) Delivering for Extra Cash Today I decided to focus mostly on doing some grocery and food delivery. The thing I love about all the apps that allow you to do this, is the fact that it gives you so much freedom to work on your own schedule. For example, I worked in the morning but then I needed to go home for a while and get an order ready to ship.Read More...
Glad you found him helpful. @Olivia He is very transparent, real and just a great person in general. He is also very approachable and friendly every time I interact with him. He is on Instagram as well so I will sometimes chat with him about things related to reselling or just about some his interests like The Office, etc.Read More...
Stayed up a bit last night to watch a Hairy Tornado podcast. Very grateful for your recommendation. It happened to be a recent one describing his journey to self employment. Appreciate his transparency about his life and business.Read More...

I photograph my receipts for cash

lori wulff
We all buy things and are given PROOF of purchase= receipt. I have the receipt hog app. It is different from the other receipt apps for receipt hog takes ANY kind of receipt. I make about $100 per year. 😀Read More...
I've been using Fetch, Ibotta and Checkout51. Checkout 51 is not compatible now with a new phone (Motorola) and I've gone back and forth with them a few times about that fact. They emailed me a patch to download and it did nada. I only have a few dollars "trapped" there but because of their required balance to claim, I'm basically losing that earned money. Their reply is that I am able to submit receipts I can scan on my desktop scanner, then they had the nerve to tell me if I didn't keep my...Read More...
Yes! Receipt scanning apps are a great way to earn a little extra on the side. I like to scan my receipts on all the apps to maximize my rewards. Receipt Hog, Receipt Pal, CoinOut and Fetch Rewards are the ones I use.Read More...
Last Reply By mintjulep · First Unread Post

Looking For Part-Time Job

Hello I'm new to the site and I'm looking for an opportunity to work from home to earn some extra cash. Or ever an evening /night part time job to supplement my income. Please suggest any links and please don't send anything that I'm required to pay to join a club. I want real legitimate JOBS!! Thanks.Read More...
Welcome to the community! The Penny Hoarder WFH Portal is a great resource for finding work from home job. One part time side gig that I do and recommend to others is doing food or grocery delivery with apps such as Door Dash, UberEats, Instacart, etc. While I am not familiar with many WFH jobs, I do know there are countless ways to earn extra money from home by doing things like Reselling which is something I am also currently doing. I wish you the very best in finding an opportunity that...Read More...
Check out the Pennyhoarder work from home site: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...h/?aff_sub2=homepage https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...h/?aff_sub2=homepage . Also, I've heard good things about Rat Race Rebellion - www.ratracerebellion.com . Both of these sites have jobs that have been vetted. Good luck to you!Read More...

Gig Work Taking Property Photos in the US

Luke Tomaszewski
ProxyPics is the perfect side hustle. People in different industries need up to date photos of properties. Kind of like Uber for photos; we let you know when there's a job near you and you get paid to take the photo! Get paid $3.25 for each photo you take, most assignments have more than one photo and some come with short surveys. We have clients that have work all across the country, it’s easy and free to download on Google Play or iOS.Read More...
Getting back to you on Receipt Hog, they are full and have a waiting list (for months now) to get onto, I will give Receipt Pal a try and see how that goes. Ibotta was a major hassle and needed to go away, we usually do not go in big for brand name stuff, as you said, too much effort and planning. Shopkicks is like an adult scavenger hunt in the store, Walmart is a goldmine of products, the novelty of it has not worn off yet. Right now I have about 30K points. I use this also and a means of...Read More...
On Receipts, I suggest you also add Receipt Hog, Receipt Pal and Ibotta to receipts related apps. Most receipts can give you value on Coinout, Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal. Then for groceries and big box stores that have groceries or pet food, also scan on Fetch and Ibotta. Ibotta is the one I struggle with, probably because I don't plan my brand and item buying before going to the store. But each week they always have at least one any item option for each store you shop at - so it eventually...Read More...
Last Reply By redcatcec · First Unread Post
Has anybody ever downloaded any of those games that you can play to win money or coins? I downloaded a few last year and I play everyday but I'm wondering if they are worth the time and effort to win cause I see my balances going up but I'm still a little skeptical about them?Read More...
This fantastic information! Thank you so much.Read More...
I've installed so many apps & the only apps that I've actually received any money or gift cards from are Mistplay, which pays you to play games & it doesn't take forever. I've earned enough points to get 2 $25 visa gift cards, got the first on Sept 15th after having a couple months & just got my second this week. Mistplay doesn't take your points if you stop playing for awhile, they have plenty of gift cards to choose from Panel app which is great! You barely do anything &...Read More...
Last Reply By MsKimberly · First Unread Post

How many Scams have you Fallen Victim to?

Deon Christie
There are so many scams on the internet these days, and it's hard to identify the difference. When all the advertising strategies are nearly identical. But we all fall for the same suggestion every time. Making a lot of money fast! It's a marketing tactic, and what's even more annoying. Is that the impressive screenshots you see is often the truth. What they don't tell you however is that making that kind of money will take a few years. A sneaky marketing tactic, but a rather effective one...Read More...
I was a victim of an investment scam for over a period of 1 year, I Invested a total of $80000 with binary trading it accumulated to $540000 in earnings and if I had known about going through Quora channel earlier on I might have been able to retrieve all that I lost. My case was really bad because I had taken a loan and was in serious debts. I tried going through my bank and the local law enforcement authorities to trace the money and locate the scammer but they were both taking too long...Read More...
Mindset is the most important @Moore Income . Instant riches is indeed a dream. But also a rather effective marketing tactic. And I must agree that reading a book may be a lot more financial sensible. But I also test an awful lot of those programs you mention. Because it's important to me to offer my audiences quality. And yes most of them are nothing more than fermented hype. Which is also why I always ensure it comes with a money back guarantee. In many cases the impressive screenshots is...Read More...
Last Reply By Alisa34 · First Unread Post

Side hustle from home

Leslie Kay
I am the self-proclaimed side hustle queen amongst my friends and family. I am limited by some health issues and income restrictions so I have to watch for certain criteria. But I hear that frequently in this forum so I thought that I would share my latest money-making find. They pay you thru Paypal and your 1099 is from Paypal, not the company. I have started being an ESL tutor online . I particularly like Cambly for the majority of people because you do not have to have any college degree...Read More...
I have been a member of the PH community less than 30 minutes and I am already SO grateful for every single one of you! @Leslie Kay , this is a PERFECT fit for me! You get my vote for MVP! (Don’t be offended if I give the same vote of confidence to other members, A rising tide raises all ships!) Cheers!Read More...
Thanks for the share, something worth looking in to far as making a few extra dollars, very well appreciated.Read More...
Last Reply By Juris Prudence · First Unread Post

Selling My Things

Eber A.
As the New Year Begins, I find myself looking for additional ways to make money. While looking around, I thought about all the stuff I have and figured I could sell some of it. I have no interest in doing a yard sale, mainly because I don't have a yard, but I have heard of people selling their things online. Does anyone have recommendations on the best places to sell your things online? I've heard of OfferUp but since I've never used it I thought I'd ask around here and also ask if there's...Read More...
Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I'm 6 days off work this week and day 1 consisted of taking inventory of all my clutter, I had a good friend help with this. I had 2 bags of old clothes I didn't need/want! The ones in good condition are being donated and the one that are not are being recycled (I didn't know this was a thing, thanks to my friend!). I still had even more clothes that I never wore or wanted along with some really cool things as well, those will be sold online. I'll post an...Read More...
Thank you so much for the selling on line advice. I have been selling on eBay and seem to lose money because the shipping is more then anticipated or my item doesn't sell in the first post so eBay sells it for way less then what I paid and plus I have to pay a monthly fee to use eBay. I just love Penny Hoarders they and their community has helped me in so many ways. I was into management for 25 years but was diagnosed with a chronic illness and had to fight for my life. I lost everything and...Read More...
Last Reply By Eber A. · First Unread Post

I am working part time any suggestions

Dagmar Mracna
On how to make extra income when I am taking care of my parentsRead More...
I'd also suggest https://www.flexjobs.com/ for all kinds of remote jobs (there is a subscription fee for this, but it seems like a really reputable site). Also check out the Pennyhoarder's work from home page: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...h/?aff_sub2=homepage Lastly, take a look at https://ratracerebellion.com/ for work from home jobs, though these seem to be mostly customer service based. Good luck!Read More...
Thank you I really needed this. This morning I need all the advice I can get.Read More...
Last Reply By lismox · First Unread Post

Being a Match Maker.

Jobelle Collie
I saw the item about earning extra income by using natural talents of being a Match Maker. I’m single. I’ve had no luck on date sights, my age is the flaw. I’m 59, retired. I do ask friends that if they know of anyone, but they come up with nothing. I’d like to hire a Match Maker, but the Pros in this field charge $25,000 USD .Read More...
Thanks.Read More...
That is awesome, I love hearing stories like this. And to think if you didn’t get that divorce, you never woulda known those “redeeming qualities” in your relationship as you do now. Huge Congrats!!Read More...

Beforthright.com

Mr. Demario
I came across this website that is survey based, but the kicker is after the survey they send the amount you made directly after completing the survey. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this site? I’m hesitant to join. Thank YouRead More...
Best to you.Read More...
Great idea, I will get started now. Fingers crossed it’s not another scam site. Thanks for your reply!!Read More...

Selling handmade jewelry

Amanda F Martin
HELP I make jewelry. I make jewelry with geodes real jams leather braiding metal safety pens little bit everything. I have tremendous debt. I need to know where and how I can sell my jewelry. I tried to let go and offer up and nothing. Amazon and eBay really Don’t do handmade.HELP HELP PLEASERead More...
Really nice stuff, @Amanda F Martin ! Have you looked into Amazon Handmade? They have a separate section specifically for craft vendors. I also suggest Etsy. Handmade/vintage goods do particularly well there. You may also have some luck selling locally through Facebook Marketplace or as a vendor at a local weekend market. (I wrote a guide recently that might be helpful. It covers 15 websites to sell stuff online , including Etsy, Amazon, Marketplace and several other popular ones.)Read More...
Your jewelry looks well made and it beautiful. I hate to be a "downer" but there are thousands of people on Etsy selling jewelry similar to your style. To add to the concern, Etsy, Ebay, Amazon.......all the online venues......are requiring the collection of sales tax throughout the US as of 2019. It's almost impossible for a seller to stay on top of the various sales tax collected by states, counties, cities, etc. Etsy and Ebay are collecting it for you, but you must keep an accounting...Read More...
Last Reply By Adam · First Unread Post

2020 Financial Goals

Moore Income
2019 is coming to a close. Hard to believe how quickly this year flew by! With the soon coming of 2020, it's that time of year to start setting some financial goals for the New Year. I have decided this year to share my main financial goals with the community so that I can challenge myself to accomplish them (since more people know about them then just me). It also gives me more accountability with those of you who would be willing to challenge me throughout the year to see how I have...Read More...
Fredia, congratulations!! I found such relief and so much less stress after eliminating debt!Read More...
Thank you. I went to the grocery store tonight...and the prices of really healthy food is unbelievable.Read More...
Last Reply By mintjulep · First Unread Post

Work from Home Opportunities

Sue Kelly
We are currently hiring FT and PT opportunities to work at home. We have opportunities that have 7 day a week availability. Don't delay....Apply today! We hire nationwide! https://omniinteractions.applicantpro.com/jobs/Read More...
Thanks for sharing. The Penny Hoarder also publishes a great list of additional work from home opportunities for anyone interested: https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/wfh/Read More...

buying "boxes" from AmazonI

Joan Cutler
I'm going to sell things on Poshmark. Some sellers write about boxes of merchandise they purchase, to resell on Poshmark. I am unfamiliar with this as a resource for reselling. Would like to know what it's about. Joan CutlerRead More...
Thank you so much for taking the time and sending such a clear reply. So nice#Read More...
I am assuming you are referring to people who buy boxes of Amazon returns to resell on Poshmark? There are lots of sites online such as Liquidation.com that sell pallets of Amazon returns. Sometimes these items are electronics, other times they are pallets of clothes. I would assume this is what you have found people talking about. I have not personally done this but I know there are lots of people who are. Of course, there is a risk involved since they are returned items and you don't...Read More...
Last Reply By Joan Cutler · First Unread Post

Grocery savings app

Hi, I tried Fetch Rewards but it turns out 95% of the products sponsored I don't purchase. Is there a similar system for organic foods/ non toxic products? Thanks!Read More...
Thanks! I'll check out Ibotta and receipt hog.Read More...
Hi, i also use receipt hog but was told there is a waiting list. I just downloaded fetch rewards and uploaded a couple of receipts. i have 3,000 points. i thought you earn points and cash in?Read More...
Last Reply By Kumba · First Unread Post

How To Use More Money Affirmations?

Law of attractionss
How To Use More Money Affirmations? Several years ago, I had a mentor who recommended me to start using money affirmations . She suggested that I could radically change my perspective of life by thinking different thoughts. Until that moment, I had not heard about money affirmations or mantras, so I was skeptical. My logical mind simply could not connect by saying a few words and having a transformation of life. But he was willing to try it. You see, I was unhappy. I wanted something...Read More...
I think money affirmations are fine, but you have to back it up with actions.Read More...
Watched the video and heard lots of statements, no substance or examples of anything! Do you have anything more to offer other than talk, wishes, and desires?Read More...
Last Reply By MsKimberly · First Unread Post