Make Money

Featured Topics

Topics

Gig Work Taking Property Photos in the US

Luke Tomaszewski
ProxyPics is the perfect side hustle. People in different industries need up to date photos of properties. Kind of like Uber for photos; we let you know when there's a job near you and you get paid to take the photo! Get paid $3.25 for each photo you take, most assignments have more than one photo and some come with short surveys. We have clients that have work all across the country, it’s easy and free to download on Google Play or iOS.Read More...
I downloaded the app and found only 2 jobs that weren't very close to where I lived. One was about a 45 minute drive, the other I'm not sure how far it was. It's not a very useful app for me at this point.Read More...
Last Reply By lismox · First Unread Post

Passive Income Strategies

Theodora
Hello, Penny Hoarders! My long-term financial goal is to build multiple passive income streams. Do any of have strategies, experiences, aspirations to share? Would love to learn from you!Read More...
I'm very interested in this thread topic, but it appears that maybe a definition is needed. Passive income, as I understand it, is income you make without working for it. I've been researching and thinking a lot about this. It's how rich people stay rich/get richer and how poor people stay poor. Again, as I understand it, there are basically two categories of passive income (unless you count inheritances, then there's three, or winning the lottery, there's four): investments and cash-back...Read More...
Uber, Pet Sitting, Teaching English on the web,Read More...
Last Reply By Elizabeth Barnett · First Unread Post
Has anybody ever downloaded any of those games that you can play to win money or coins? I downloaded a few last year and I play everyday but I'm wondering if they are worth the time and effort to win cause I see my balances going up but I'm still a little skeptical about them?Read More...
You have to decide if what you get for what you do is actually worth your time. How much is your time worth?Read More...
Last Reply By MsKimberly · First Unread Post

How many Scams have you Fallen Victim to?

Deon Christie
There are so many scams on the internet these days, and it's hard to identify the difference. When all the advertising strategies are nearly identical. But we all fall for the same suggestion every time. Making a lot of money fast! It's a marketing tactic, and what's even more annoying. Is that the impressive screenshots you see is often the truth. What they don't tell you however is that making that kind of money will take a few years. A sneaky marketing tactic, but a rather effective one...Read More...
I was a victim of an investment scam for over a period of 1 year, I Invested a total of $80000 with binary trading it accumulated to $540000 in earnings and if I had known about going through Quora channel earlier on I might have been able to retrieve all that I lost. My case was really bad because I had taken a loan and was in serious debts. I tried going through my bank and the local law enforcement authorities to trace the money and locate the scammer but they were both taking too long...Read More...
Mindset is the most important @Moore Income . Instant riches is indeed a dream. But also a rather effective marketing tactic. And I must agree that reading a book may be a lot more financial sensible. But I also test an awful lot of those programs you mention. Because it's important to me to offer my audiences quality. And yes most of them are nothing more than fermented hype. Which is also why I always ensure it comes with a money back guarantee. In many cases the impressive screenshots is...Read More...
Last Reply By Alisa34 · First Unread Post

Side hustle from home

Leslie Kay
I am the self-proclaimed side hustle queen amongst my friends and family. I am limited by some health issues and income restrictions so I have to watch for certain criteria. But I hear that frequently in this forum so I thought that I would share my latest money-making find. They pay you thru Paypal and your 1099 is from Paypal, not the company. I have started being an ESL tutor online . I particularly like Cambly for the majority of people because you do not have to have any college degree...Read More...
I have been a member of the PH community less than 30 minutes and I am already SO grateful for every single one of you! @Leslie Kay , this is a PERFECT fit for me! You get my vote for MVP! (Don’t be offended if I give the same vote of confidence to other members, A rising tide raises all ships!) Cheers!Read More...
Thanks for the share, something worth looking in to far as making a few extra dollars, very well appreciated.Read More...
Last Reply By Juris Prudence · First Unread Post

Selling My Things

Eber A.
As the New Year Begins, I find myself looking for additional ways to make money. While looking around, I thought about all the stuff I have and figured I could sell some of it. I have no interest in doing a yard sale, mainly because I don't have a yard, but I have heard of people selling their things online. Does anyone have recommendations on the best places to sell your things online? I've heard of OfferUp but since I've never used it I thought I'd ask around here and also ask if there's...Read More...
Thanks for everyone's suggestions! I'm 6 days off work this week and day 1 consisted of taking inventory of all my clutter, I had a good friend help with this. I had 2 bags of old clothes I didn't need/want! The ones in good condition are being donated and the one that are not are being recycled (I didn't know this was a thing, thanks to my friend!). I still had even more clothes that I never wore or wanted along with some really cool things as well, those will be sold online. I'll post an...Read More...
Thank you so much for the selling on line advice. I have been selling on eBay and seem to lose money because the shipping is more then anticipated or my item doesn't sell in the first post so eBay sells it for way less then what I paid and plus I have to pay a monthly fee to use eBay. I just love Penny Hoarders they and their community has helped me in so many ways. I was into management for 25 years but was diagnosed with a chronic illness and had to fight for my life. I lost everything and...Read More...
Last Reply By Eber A. · First Unread Post

I am working part time any suggestions

Dagmar Mracna
On how to make extra income when I am taking care of my parentsRead More...
I'd also suggest https://www.flexjobs.com/ for all kinds of remote jobs (there is a subscription fee for this, but it seems like a really reputable site). Also check out the Pennyhoarder's work from home page: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...h/?aff_sub2=homepage Lastly, take a look at https://ratracerebellion.com/ for work from home jobs, though these seem to be mostly customer service based. Good luck!Read More...
Thank you I really needed this. This morning I need all the advice I can get.Read More...

Being a Match Maker.

Jobelle Collie
I saw the item about earning extra income by using natural talents of being a Match Maker. I’m single. I’ve had no luck on date sights, my age is the flaw. I’m 59, retired. I do ask friends that if they know of anyone, but they come up with nothing. I’d like to hire a Match Maker, but the Pros in this field charge $25,000 USD .Read More...
Thanks.Read More...
That is awesome, I love hearing stories like this. And to think if you didn’t get that divorce, you never woulda known those “redeeming qualities” in your relationship as you do now. Huge Congrats!!Read More...
Last Reply By redcatcec · First Unread Post

Beforthright.com

Mr. Demario
I came across this website that is survey based, but the kicker is after the survey they send the amount you made directly after completing the survey. Anyone have any experience or knowledge on this site? I’m hesitant to join. Thank YouRead More...
Best to you.Read More...
Great idea, I will get started now. Fingers crossed it’s not another scam site. Thanks for your reply!!Read More...

Selling handmade jewelry

Amanda F Martin
HELP I make jewelry. I make jewelry with geodes real jams leather braiding metal safety pens little bit everything. I have tremendous debt. I need to know where and how I can sell my jewelry. I tried to let go and offer up and nothing. Amazon and eBay really Don’t do handmade.HELP HELP PLEASERead More...
Really nice stuff, @Amanda F Martin ! Have you looked into Amazon Handmade? They have a separate section specifically for craft vendors. I also suggest Etsy. Handmade/vintage goods do particularly well there. You may also have some luck selling locally through Facebook Marketplace or as a vendor at a local weekend market. (I wrote a guide recently that might be helpful. It covers 15 websites to sell stuff online , including Etsy, Amazon, Marketplace and several other popular ones.)Read More...
Your jewelry looks well made and it beautiful. I hate to be a "downer" but there are thousands of people on Etsy selling jewelry similar to your style. To add to the concern, Etsy, Ebay, Amazon.......all the online venues......are requiring the collection of sales tax throughout the US as of 2019. It's almost impossible for a seller to stay on top of the various sales tax collected by states, counties, cities, etc. Etsy and Ebay are collecting it for you, but you must keep an accounting...Read More...
Last Reply By Adam · First Unread Post

2020 Financial Goals

Moore Income
2019 is coming to a close. Hard to believe how quickly this year flew by! With the soon coming of 2020, it's that time of year to start setting some financial goals for the New Year. I have decided this year to share my main financial goals with the community so that I can challenge myself to accomplish them (since more people know about them then just me). It also gives me more accountability with those of you who would be willing to challenge me throughout the year to see how I have...Read More...
Fredia, congratulations!! I found such relief and so much less stress after eliminating debt!Read More...
Thank you. I went to the grocery store tonight...and the prices of really healthy food is unbelievable.Read More...
Last Reply By mintjulep · First Unread Post

Work from Home Opportunities

Sue Kelly
We are currently hiring FT and PT opportunities to work at home. We have opportunities that have 7 day a week availability. Don't delay....Apply today! We hire nationwide! https://omniinteractions.applicantpro.com/jobs/Read More...
Thanks for sharing. The Penny Hoarder also publishes a great list of additional work from home opportunities for anyone interested: https://www.thepennyhoarder.com/wfh/Read More...
Last Reply By Moore Income · First Unread Post

buying "boxes" from AmazonI

Joan Cutler
I'm going to sell things on Poshmark. Some sellers write about boxes of merchandise they purchase, to resell on Poshmark. I am unfamiliar with this as a resource for reselling. Would like to know what it's about. Joan CutlerRead More...
Thank you so much for taking the time and sending such a clear reply. So nice#Read More...
I am assuming you are referring to people who buy boxes of Amazon returns to resell on Poshmark? There are lots of sites online such as Liquidation.com that sell pallets of Amazon returns. Sometimes these items are electronics, other times they are pallets of clothes. I would assume this is what you have found people talking about. I have not personally done this but I know there are lots of people who are. Of course, there is a risk involved since they are returned items and you don't...Read More...
Last Reply By Joan Cutler · First Unread Post

Grocery savings app

Hi, I tried Fetch Rewards but it turns out 95% of the products sponsored I don't purchase. Is there a similar system for organic foods/ non toxic products? Thanks!Read More...
Thanks! I'll check out Ibotta and receipt hog.Read More...
Hi, i also use receipt hog but was told there is a waiting list. I just downloaded fetch rewards and uploaded a couple of receipts. i have 3,000 points. i thought you earn points and cash in?Read More...
Last Reply By Kumba · First Unread Post

How To Use More Money Affirmations?

Law of attractionss
How To Use More Money Affirmations? Several years ago, I had a mentor who recommended me to start using money affirmations . She suggested that I could radically change my perspective of life by thinking different thoughts. Until that moment, I had not heard about money affirmations or mantras, so I was skeptical. My logical mind simply could not connect by saying a few words and having a transformation of life. But he was willing to try it. You see, I was unhappy. I wanted something...Read More...
I think money affirmations are fine, but you have to back it up with actions.Read More...
Watched the video and heard lots of statements, no substance or examples of anything! Do you have anything more to offer other than talk, wishes, and desires?Read More...

Acorn on Coin Out

Is anybody familiar with the Acorn option for saving money through the Coin Out app?Read More...
Coin Out is an app you can put on your phone for the purpose of saving money. Not a lot of money! what you do is scan in receipts and you'll receive small amounts of money in your account, literally cents. It is more than I had yesterday. Here is a link describing the "how to's": https://www.coinout.com/ I was looking for anyone who has signed up for Acorns under the Coin Out app that could offer their opinion and/or experiences.Read More...
what is acorn? what is coin out?Read More...
My wife and I will be in a new construction Business together to make a new family Egg nest .Read More...
All the best for you and your bride.Read More...
Larry, I wish you and your wife the best in your endeavor! The construction world is not without it difficulties but it can be a quite rewarding business opportunity in the long run. It's great that you will be working together to make your financial dreams a reality!Read More...
Last Reply By Ann Marie Rivers · First Unread Post

Actual value of possible collectible $1 bills

Hi there, I am new here. I have several $1 bills saved up thinking/hoping they may have more value that their $1 face value. Does anyone know how to find out if what I think is a collectible $1 bill is and/or how to have a realistic worth to be able to potentially sell to a collector (EBay?)? I have many that are, what I think, matching some of the collectors' wants (i.e. low serial #, quad numbers etc...) Any input would be great! i would like to either use or sell as soon as possible!Read More...
@AverageJoe It also sounds like the price of items will automatically go up, too. However, I doubt that the salary will go up.Read More...
@MsKimberly I've heard some of our legislators talk about this subject in town hall meetings and in other small gatherings. They would like to have bills in denominations of $5.00 on up to $100. They have said that even the "fiver" is almost an obsolete denomination. I don't know how they would do it, as so many low-income workers use $5.00 bills constantly.Read More...

Instacart

hi, does anyone here shop for instacart? I was thinking it could be a good side gig for me but I want more info first. 😉 Thanks!Read More...
ON A CONTINUING BASIS, YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR, AND TO THE EXTENT REQUIRED BY LAW: A. SECURING AND PAYING FOR WORKER'S COMPENSATION INSURANCE; B. SECURING AND PAYING DISABILITY INSURANCE, HEALTH INSURANCE, AND/OR OTHER SIMILAR INSURANCE; C. SECURING AND PAYING UNEMPLOYMENT OR OTHER SIMILAR INSURANCE CONTRIBUTIONS; D. SECURING AND PAYING ALL NECESSARY LIABILITY INSURANCE FOR YOU AND ANY PERSONNEL; E. SECURING AND PAYING FOR AUTOMOBILE INSURANCE IN COVERAGE AMOUNTS CONSISTENT WITH...Read More...
Since I started delivering for Instacart some time ago, they have implemented something in their app that allows you to pick up any extra orders that people scheduled to work can't do. Since then, I have never scheduled myself for shifts but rather just picked up any orders that I had time to do. I really like the flexibility this allows and it means you can choose to do delivery only orders or do orders that include having to shop for the items. This way, if the distance for delivery is too...Read More...
Last Reply By Leslie Kay · First Unread Post

Need to make fast money, legally! Lol

Teresa Myers
Hi everyone! I'm new here so I'm not sure how this works but hopefully I can get some ideas on how to make some fast money the legal way. I'm in need of a place to live ASAP.. currently living in a motel.. and my car needs work and I have to get my suspended license , unsuspended by next month 12-19-19!! Please HELP ME! !IM SO STRESSED OUT 😫😫😭 ANY ADVICE PLEASE!?! ?THANK YOU SO MUCH! 💯❤️😘Read More...
In Michigan, I only have jobs $10 or less.Read More...
I just downloaded Easy Shift and the prices I'm seeing are like $8, nothing more than $10. So you must have a better selection where you live. I'm in Orlando, FL.Read More...

How I Paid Off My Student Loans By Selling on eBay

Six on a Budget
As a stay at home mom of four kids, I've been selling on eBay for about ten years. I paid off my student loans in 18 months! It has been a flexible, lucrative option. Here are details of how you too can get started: https://sixonabudget.com/i-pai...-a-stay-at-home-mom/Read More...
I tried to look at your website but there seems to be a security issue.Read More...
You can use Ebays discounted shipping by printing right from the item. Using USPS preset priced and sized boxes, especially if the item is heavy. Buy a scale when you are starting out. I was stung a few times by heavy items that wouldn't fit in preset boxes and had to travel cross country.Read More...

Side Gig - Census Worker

SSD
Hi All, Just wanted to post a flexible side gig: https://2020census.gov/en/jobs.html Pay varies according to the county you reside in.Read More...
The first timers in my county get $19 an hour. The pay varies by State and county and you do have to walk a lot. The pay by county look up tool is here: https://2020census.gov/en/jobs/pay-and-locations.htmlRead More...
I have suggested this to a few different people and all I hear is negative comments about it is dangerous parts of town and the people don't want to cooperate so you just walk around in the cold for hours. The $16 hr is for the Supervisors. the workers are $10-$12 range for first-timers. I thought this would be a great side gig and would look good on someone's resume! If you need a job I believe you can find work if you open your mind to all opportunities.Read More...
Last Reply By SSD · First Unread Post

Heck of a side gig....

Scott L Herrin
I retired 3 years ago at 55. My retirement isn't quite enough to support my lifestyle. Does anybody think I'm crazy? My side gig is being a nude art class model. Doesn't make me rich, but it keeps me in beer and gas in my truck.Read More...
It sounds like a great idea to me!Read More...
I love it!Read More...

Got early access to an app that earns rewards

Hi dear community - I signed up at mailrt.co and got early access to rewards. The way it works is they are taking physical mail online. As I save more trees, i get more rewards. it’s a great way to also get rid of junk mail.Read More...
you are not saving any trees by passing on the junk mail. I wish that I could stop it altogether. lolRead More...
Not sure what to expect. I went to the website...it said join the wait list. Not sure what to expect. Time will tell.Read More...
Share a tip / Ask a Question
Post By Email

You can also post new topics to this forum via email. Just compose your topic and send the email here: [email protected]