Skip to main content

Reply to "4 simple Ideas for side income - the helpful version"

Good input here.  My daughter and her husband are just getting started, and need a healthy wage to get on top of medical bills (both have problematic health), and get financially established so they can begin a family.  She has done "cat sitting" with some success, and paid the car insurance this month with her on-going "garage sale" on Facebook! She is doing house keeping 2 times a month for an older lady with health problems, and sells luscious smelling lotions (Bath & Body Works types) too.  All this on the side of a full time job.  I noticed that the 2020 Census still has the shingle out for Census takers.  Do you enjoy children and teaching, but don't want to be locked up in a room with 30 rowdy kids every day?  Choose your subject(s), your hours, and offer your services as a tutor!  Some places require a license to tutor; check out your local laws before you start. Ie: One summer, my daughter and I tutored a brother and sister of elementary school age for about 5 weeks.  My daughter  was 12 at the time; I home-schooled her, her little sister and older brother.  The children we tutored were a couple of years apart in age and grade and both accelerated at an incredible rate! They went from being some of the slowest students in their classes to head of the class within the first two months of school! That set them off to a great start and they remained that way as long as we knew them.  Another idea: when my husband and I were young (around the time of the Flintstones!) we earned money while we were in college.  The investment was low: 1) a quality squeegee with extender pole, 2) quality window washing brush with extender pole, 3) a bucket, 4) a bottle of ammonia [1/4 cup per gallon of warm water] 5) a generous squirt of Joy dish soap (per gallon of warm water), 6) a couple of lint-free towels for needed spots.  With a generous dose of elbow grease and a winning smile this provided groceries, gas, and other needs as we cleaned residential and business windows!   Well, there's my 2 cents...though nowadays I suppose it would be a quarter's worth.