Reply to "Being a Match Maker."

redcatcec posted:

You have me confused, do you want to learn to be a matchmaker and go into business as one or do you want to find a match for you?

I cannot speak for her, but the impression I took from it is she is sick and tired of endless dates with terrible guys, and/or tired of meeting guys that in no way shape or form are compatible to have a relationship with as she sees the signs early on that it’ll just be a waste of her time. I didn’t take that she wanted to be a matchmaker, but I could be wrong. It appeared she was more in shock or bummed that many matchmaking services can be very expensive. 

I have been a matchmaker for the past few years and have flown to various states to work with clients. I don’t have a set rate, and base my rates per each individual situation. Also if it helps anyone, in my experience stay away from matchmaking companies. These companies are the ones who usually have the high rates and prefer quantity over quality with their clients and they push it heavily on all their matchmakers that work under them.

I have found it best to work for myself as I can value quality 100% of the time without some boss pushing to fire me for not producing quantity. Whether you go with a company or individual matchmaker there’s a few key points of information you should ask as a precaution to protect yourself. Also, if your matchmaker prefers working with you via phone, text, email instead of in person. That is a huge red flag right there that their quality in work is not what’s in your best interest. There’s several things people should know about and not be afraid to ask when interviewing a matchmaker. If anyone has any questions then please feel free to message me anytime.

I only take on 1 case at a time No matter the length it takes to complete the clients requests. Also keep in mind a good matchmaker will fully interview you before deciding to take you on as a client. With that being said I highly advise you do the same. When she brought up many matchmakers charge $25,000 just to start. That usually is because a company has a high reputation because they value quantity over quality as the more satisfied clients you’ve assisted it gives that impression that their the best and that’s why they charge so much.

I could go on and on about ways to protect yourself from a bad matchmaker and how to identify a good matchmaker, but I would need to write a short novel for that... Another thing of importance is a good matchmaker also will be a great relationship and life coach during the contract and after. Most charge additional high fees to coach on various aspects in 6 month segments. Meaning you’ll have to pay and $2,000 to obtain them for an additional 6 months which is terrible. I always offered initially 6 months free to coach of all forms throughout the relationship and/or life in general. As many times as needed. But within the last 2 years I have found myself creating a sort of friendship and an actual care about the relationship & it’s health. So I periodically keep in touch for the first year unless things are going incredibly well. But regardless I feel that offering coaching for free after the job has finalized to not be on a timetable and I offer the client free coaching help at anytime even if it’s 3 years down the road. I still have clients from a couple years ago I speak with from time to time and never once have charged them.

As we all know any great relationship will have its difficulties, but it’s how both partners handle each issues that may arise is what truly makes relationships last and be able to weather any storm. Again, if you have any questions what so ever please contact me at anytime. Most times people don’t need a matchmaker just a different outlook on things.