Skip to main content

Reply to "Buying Generic Over Name Brand"

I almost always buy generic unless there is a better buy in a name brand. The name brand purchases happen often at the grocery stores with Buy One Get One Free weekly offers, so I get the better buy, which ever that would be at that time.

Medicine, always generic, when available. 

We do shop Aldis for some things but give a thumbs down to their canned pork and beans.  There is more sauce, less beans; and the last case we bought didn't have the tomato sauce base, it was some type of colorless thick something or other, so that was their p&bs last chance!  I find Aldis to be a trial and error, but we've figured out what works for us from there.  

As far a brand loyalty, the only few I can think of, as I post this, are Heinz ketchup (always thick!), Tabasco sauce (haven't been able to match the flavor of knock-offs) and shoes. I walk for exercise and I've had to spend money on brand name walking shoes, brand name arch supports and even a brand name sock....but I can walk several miles daily without foot pain.  And I love Crocs for around the house and casual wear outside the house.  I currently have 6 pairs of Crocs and have not found a good substitute yet. The shoe things are definitely mature-age related. And Tide. My partner's Mom always used Tide, so there you have THAT! LOL!