Skip to main content

Reply to "Cheap Weeknight Dinner Ideas"

@Angie P. it doesn't look like Too Good to Go has reached St. Pete yet, but I will definitely keep an eye on that app's expansion.

However, your flatbread idea reminded me that we used to do "pizza night" by using store-bought naan, a can of tomato sauce, basil and cheese. Then my husband, daughter and I each got to choose our favorite topping for our personal pizza. I'd forgotten all about that — it was a lot more fun and tasty than frozen pizza (and about the same price). And I'll definitely try the salmon, avocado and rice cakes. Thank you!

This reminded me of another super easy meal our house loves: French bread pizza!

We take a loaf of French bread & cut it in half lengthwise. Then we cut it to individual portions, press the bread down a bit, add some sauce & toppings & throw it in the oven! Last time we added some garlic butter under the sauce for an extra little something & it was delicious! All you really need though is a loaf of bread, a can of sauce, & toppings of your choice! (We baked it for 15-20 minutes at 350° or until the cheese was melted.)