Reply to "Eliminating Credit Card Debit - Take out personal loan with low interest rate"

Absolutely a good idea if you can get a lower interest loan with probably lower monthly payments as well.   You can also check the peer to peer lenders such as lendingclub and prosper.

THE DANGER: (And I know because I've been there - done that).  You get the loan, transfer the money and are good to go.  But guess what, your credit cards with their same limits (at least $22,000) are just sitting there and not being used.  You get a bill and put it on the card and pay it off.  No problem.  You buy a few more things and put them on the card or cards and suddenly can't pay it all off at the end of the month so you pay the minimum, swearing you will catch up next month.  Of course you know the end result.  You owe $20k+ on your debt consolidation loan and you owe another $5k, 10k, 20k again on credit cards. 

Best thing to do after transfer would be to cancel all but one of the cards (I know you will show less credit available and take a little hit on your score for a while) and just keep it for emergencies.  Takes willpower but you can do it. 

Good luck!