Reply to "Eliminating Credit Card Debit - Take out personal loan with low interest rate"

I went to a local federal credit union to get my loan - it had better rates and was easier. They also don't punish you for paying your loan off early.

I also was able to pay a ton of my debt down this year by going through my house and selling items on ebay and facebook marketplace. I just went through my Christmas decorations and found a ton I don't use/want so I've put them online for sale this weekend.

Also, for me, paying cash makes a huge difference so maybe trying that? I have two tricks. First, I put every $5 bill I receive back into a personal bank/savings that I don't access. It can add up to $50-$100 by the end of the month.  And also, when I have to purchase a big item, having all of that cash in hand makes me think twice about if I really want it versus just swiping that credit card.

Above all else, don't get made/frustrated/disappointed if it doesn't happen right away. I've been working hard all year and not having a social life but it's paying off finally. And that is making it all worthwhile.