Skip to main content

Reply to "Gig Work Taking Property Photos in the US"

On Receipts, I suggest you also add Receipt Hog, Receipt Pal and Ibotta to receipts related apps.  Most receipts can give you value on Coinout, Receipt Hog and Receipt Pal.  Then for groceries and big box stores that have groceries or pet food, also scan on Fetch and Ibotta.  Ibotta is the one I struggle with, probably because I don't plan my brand and item buying before going to the store.  But each week they always have at least one any item option for each store you shop at - so it eventually adds up.  I also use Drop (and Dosh) where you link credit cards.  I also have Rakuten although I haven't gotten any value on that yet (I'll have to take another look at it sometime). 

On Shopkicks, I've used that since Apr 13, 2019 and I've accumulated $143 that I'll redeem pretty soon.  I like it but get tired of it quickly.  I find best results at Walmart but I only do Shopkicks as a secondary thing.  I never go to shopping area just for Shopkicks, I always have to have another gig there or a personal shopping mission.  If you do Shopkicks enough, you do get pretty good at racking up scanning points quickly.

To give you all a sense of the value on the Receipts apps, I've used the ones I've described above since late Aug 2018 or later in 2018 and I've earned $436 to date from them all (that # excludes Shopkicks which I don't lump in with my receipts apps as I consider it a form of inspection app).  You won't get rich but it is easy to create the habit of scanning receipts regularly and the dollars add up over time.

Good luck all!