Skip to main content

Reply to "Gig Work Taking Property Photos in the US"

Redcatcec,

I only interact with financialpanther.com at his website and blog - that was where I was really where I was referring you to.  I've never looked at his Facebook presence as I don't do Facebook either. 

If you are really interested in this side gig space, then I think FinancialPanther is a really good place to mine some nuggets.  If it is too much for you, I would strongly suggest mining one area at a time instead of trying to take it in all at once which is basically what I did.  I don't have the bandwidth to be trying 10 things at once either - I would fail at all of it.  I pick the next thing or two that I'm interested in and try them.  Then I repeat the process.  So for example, get on his website, select Side Hustles at the top.  Pick one topic box near the top and explore.  I personally tell my friends to start with "Receipt Apps" because everyone can make money from receipts because we all buy things in our lives.  The money is small but you can pay for several Christmas gifts each year using the recommended receipt apps regularly.  It is very easy once you start a habit to keep your receipts and scan them everyday or every other day or so.

Maybe more important than any individual money making app, is the philosophy that I learned that FinancialPanther operates under - do the apps that you like, that make sense AND tie in fairly well with the life you live already and may enjoy - i.e. monetize what you already do.  As an example, FinancialPanther loves dogs and has one dog.  He watches dogs through Rover to watch other dogs.  He figures I already take care of one dog, if he watches another dog here and there, the incremental effort is relatively small.

The gig space is pretty wide and there are lots of things you can do.  So think of it like a buffet and pick up the ones that look promising to you based on your criteria, not anyone else's.

I hope this helps you a little Redcatcec!