Reply to "Great Budget Friendly Gifts"

Glad to see someone else doing “gifties”!!!

My elderly parents don’t need stuff — as my Dad says repeatedly, they’re getting rid of stuff, not bringing more home.   This year they each get a themed basket from me .  For Mom I found a great, sturdy basket from a thrift shop and filled it with jars of olives, pickles, cheeses, crackers and turkey sausage.  They like to eat their main meal at lunchtime then take their dog on a 2 mile walk, so after the evening news they like a little snack with wine.  Mom can plant flowers in the basket in Spring - she has a little greenhouse. For Dad I found a sturdy plastic bin at a dollar store with the cutest 1940s style trucks on it and did a snack themed around “Take me out to the ballgame “  complete with Cracker Jack, small can of classic peanuts and I got lucky to find Beechmans and Blackjack gum as a joke. Dad is a major baseball fan. Useable treats, not clutter. I had so much fun doing it.  For my 16 year old son, I got a plastic bucket at the dollar store  and filled it with car care items, sponge, car wash, wax, auto wipes, air freshener etc. Of course he’s getting something else as his big gift  - kids are still gathering, not getting rid of. 😉

Happy Holidays!