Skip to main content

Reply to "How do you save money while indulging your pets?"

My dog's favorite toy was simply a rubber ball placed in a knee high cotton white sock. He loved to tug at it when I would playfully try to get it away from him. I could bounce it and he would jump to catch it all while I had it in my hand on one end. When I did throw it we never had to go looking for it as socks don't roll. It makes me laugh to think of him bringing me his sock toy. Eventually we could swing him in a circle as he held on so tight. And yes he would growl and act all tough. He looked like Benji and would spend half the night with my mother and then with sleepy eyes cross the hall and finish up with my dad. I was stupid and got some hamsters not remembering that his breed was raised to kill rodents. I thought I could train him. He didn't sleep with the "rodent lover" but we got along. Every day he would get so excited when the mailman came and we later found out he was delivered one treat every day. My dad traveled by car 3 days a week and he loved to go along and ride. He lived for 15 years and if there is a doggy heaven I know he will be catching that ball in a sock.