Skip to main content

Reply to "How to save money at the vet's"

AverageJoe posted:

@lismox There is also a medical card that we used to use when we were really "hard up" for money and needed to spread our vets bill out over a period of time. Have you heard of CareCredit? It's able to be used for visits to your regular personal physician and also for vets bills and if it's over a certain amount they spread the payments out over a period of time without interest...usually anything over $300 or so and for a period of three to six months. If you pay it off in that time, you've not got any interest added. If you don't, then it adds interest back to the time of service, and the interest is usually around 28%. We always paid ours off early. I had forgotten all about it until my wife reminded me this afternoon when she got home from work. I just thought I would make mention of it since it benefits both humans and their "fur babyies".   Hope this helps as well.

I actually opened up a Care Credit account with the cat I had to put down this year; that was a few months ago. Right now I have an $800 balance that I'm going to work to get paid off as quickly as possible, as I think my 6 month grace period will be ending soon. Thanks for the input!