Skip to main content

Reply to "How to save money at the vet's"

AverageJoe posted:

@MsKimberly we have had many breeds, most of them "mutts". But we had a Doberman/Shepherd mix that was a great dog, but just too hyper for us. Another that was just too hyper was a terrier famous here in Tennessee. We had a Chow that was pureblood but wasn't registered AKC. And the last two, one we had right after we got married was a peekapoo, and then a cocker-poo. The cockerpoo was our favorite and the one we had for five years. He was rust and white color and we named him Rusty. He was the runt of the litter and they only gave him a  10% chance of living a full six months, but under us, he thrived and learned many things. We used him in helping to calm people in nursing homes down, and almost everyone loved him. It's been almost 20 years and I still nearly break into tears thinking of him being gone. 

@AverageJoe Dogs give so much joy. Many  times they touch our lives more than people do.  It is very hard when they pass away.  If I decide to get a dog, I think I would be better off with one that is not hyper.