Skip to main content

Reply to "Make Money on What Other People Throw Away"

I totally agree and you did a great job going over the steps at a high level instead of getting caught up in the little details (my personal crutch)

I have a collection already just from cleaning out yards and garages and such in our small town. When someone's family has lived here for 100 years and the current generation just wants to sprout wings there tends to be a lot of antique age items. Maybe not rare and high dollar but something better than selling your old t-shirts in your front yard.

A few people I have talked to have semi perm spaces at flea markets.  But another option I found is "antique malls" or "junk malls" - a lot of them rent you the booth space and the mall is manned and cared for as a community so every booth holder has to work a certain number of hours per month.

The big plus to that is they sell your stuff for you. Just come in and restock every week. Yes they take a small commission, but it's much better than sitting there waiting for a customer.

I tried ebay once. Put up an old plate that I verified through an auction house. Next day I had an email from eBay saying my sellers account was blocked for questionable selling practices. I found a number and called and could not get thru to the right dept. And the CSR I had just kept saying he couldn't cancel my account becYse it was blocked. But I could still buy things on ebay. Um nope. Still have no idea what I did wrong.