Skip to main content

Reply to "Passive Income Strategies"

We are now retired, but when we were in our 30's we used my income to purchase rental property and stocks we could purchase with out a broker.  It is important to have a good relationship with your banker.  We got our best real estate on divorce or the owner died and both groups need a quick reasonable offer. Our property  is all paid for. I all ways reinvested my dividends.  We now have dividends sent to us. Monday, We deposited a check for $599.00 from a bank stock we bought and reinvested the dividends early to buy more shares. We keep our rents low to keep good tenants but we get appr. $2500.00 each month. Our SS checks currently pay us only $930.  but it does pay our medicare payments. We certainly worked when we were not retired, but we always invested with a goal of retiring when we were eligible for medicare. I encourage every one to read "The Millionaire Next Door." Living on passive income is possible but I know that slow but steady we won that race. And anyone can do that.  Good Luck!  Shelia Wright