Skip to main content

Reply to "Side Hustles"

My "side gigs" started when I was in sixth grade (age 12) and I haven't stopped even in my retirement. I was working five or six side hustles through my junior high and high school years... yup, back in the 1970s! You've surely heard of teen millionaires, right? Well, I was NOT one of them. I was, however, able to support private art lessons and supplies in the following ways: Selling unimprinted calendars in the Fall / Winter  with overstock from neighbors who ran a printing press in their homes; babysitting (and organizing play dates for the kids on weekends); selling my artwork; reading Tarot cards for home parties and delivering prescriptions (with my Dad) for three area pharmacies. Current ways to earn extra income include teaching people unique ways on how to cut costs, writing, selling online (daily deals and local deep discount stores offer best profit potentials) and small business web site content writing. I quit a part-time drug store job to use my time to become a "bargain hunter." I'm now able to save far more on routine purchases each month than I ever earned at the corner of Happy and Healthy. Stay tuned, everyone. I will be sharing those tips in this exciting Penny Hoarder Community in the "Save Money" forums.