Reply to "Son has gotten himself into a credit card mess!"

I may have missed it, but is he over 21? Does he have a job? If he still lives at home and gets a part time or full time job, that he takes home $500/month. He can drop all of that on this debt. I had to teach my son a very hard lesson.  My son was doing his residency at a hospital. He spent the weekend with friends about 100 miles from the hospital. He put on his lab coat and stethoscope and began to drive 123 mph on the interstate. He got stopped, before he could have killed himself or others. The State Trooper gave him the max $ amount possible and let him go on to the hospital. Since he was under 26, I also was notified. (His car had military I d tags) I ordered the UGLIEST custom Converse high top sneakers! Pink, zebra, day glow green, orange laces, purple bottoms. Something everyone would notice. I drove to the hospital and found him. I gave him the sneakers and took his car keys and the car home with me. He had to walk everyplace for ONE YEAR!!! I can tell you he has never had a ticket or accident to date!  Sometimes the toughest love is harder on the parent than the child. I hope he can get this paid off soon, learn that quick cash is also very expensive cash and avoids debt in the future.