Skip to main content

Reply to "What Pandemic Money Habits Are You Keeping?"

My spending has changed as well! I saved everything I could during the pandemic for an emergency fund, etc. I bought a house 3 months before lockdown, and I even kept those house/household purchases to a minimum... Until last fall when my fiancé moved in and then we got married. I'm still a saver for sure, but spent more than I prefer. I am back to holding on to my money for most things.

I find I eat out less, and save money that way. I went back to cash envelopes for spending categories, and that keeps me on budget. This is probably the most significant- buying with cash. I spend noticeably less when I spend this way.

Same with the movies- even renting them at home and having snacks is less than going to the theatre. I cook more- purchased a cookbook and plan a few meals a week. And I hate cooking! But doing it helps A LOT. I purged my house and closet (sold much of the unwanted items) and continue to not bring things in. If I don't LOVE it, I don't get it. I find I am less sentimental about things.

The pandemic has been a 'reset' in so many areas in my life, including my finances.