Skip to main content

Reply to "Working From Home Parents: What's it Really Like?"

Big Lew, I haven't been able to look into the Base much yet, mostly because COVID has thrown a wrench into the availability of a lot of things. Before we got married, hubby and I did long distance so I only just moved to the area a year ago. He's a sub guy and enlisted right before we had our first.

Thankfully, our immediate neighbor works in the Commissary and gave me some tips, her little lady is just shy of a year.  But apparently (at least at the moment) Base Daycare has been limited to pretty much only the kiddos who are already going, unless the parent is in dire need of a sitter. Even if I could pick up work, with her 2 hour feed schedule and her refusal to take a bottle, it's just about pointless to try to do anything too rigid.  Prior to moving I worked retail for 5 years, and in a carry out before that. I was in my second year of college when we found out I was preggers with our first. I tried to continue school, but the financial burden added on to the fact I was mostly absent as the main parent, led to me choosing to just work retail. I can do a variety of things but I don't have anything to show for it, if that makes sense?

I'm willing to experiment with just about anything that I can from home I just can never tell just from the job description what would ACTUALLY work well with kiddos and what won't. That's what this is mainly about.