Skip to main content

Reply to "Working From Home Parents: What's it Really Like?"

Yes, everything you mentioned makes sense to me. Just so you know where I was coming from with my comment, I have been a U.S.Government employee since March 1984, in the U.S.Navy, U.S. Post Office, and now the U.S. Department of Transportation. Along the way, I got divorced and raised my kids all by myself as my ex-wife never showed up in court. So yes I understand what you are going through. My kids range in age from 28 to 32. My kids turned out fine, yes I had to enroll them into daycare and regular school along with college too. I turned down the government hand-outs too. I'd do it all over again (raising my kids) if I was 30 years younger. Here check out this website called...Flexjobs.com it is for working at home jobs, also type into your search bar any Major company's names, and when you bring up their website, look for jobs type in remote in the jobs search bar. Also, use Ziprecruiter.com, as they have remote jobs of various kinds listed. Pass all of this info on to your friends who may need a job. Pay it Forward. Good Luck.