Skip to main content

Reply to "Working From Home Parents: What's it Really Like?"

I used to do some work through Rev, but the audio is often so unclear that I can't type anything. I've tried to look into audio programs that might clean things up but I haven't found anything that would help, even in the Rev forums. I thought about looking into special equipment or something as well but since the problem is usually the file itself better equipment or a foot pedal wouldn't really help. The only reason it matters is because if I get graded poorly too many times on my files then I won't be able to do transcripts anymore 🙁

I have found a few places that include chatting or emailing online in the customer service vein, but they still include being able to accept calls. I wasn't sure if I could just communicate to the company that I just can't accept calls??? I feel like that would be kinda silly since it says in the posting what the expectations of the position are, ya know???

Thanks for the resources and tips! I'm looking into them now!

Even if I don't get much luck right now, I'm hoping that in the next few months our nursing schedule will have some larger gaps and then I'll at least have a firm starting ground to start running with.