Skip to main content

Habits of People with 800 Credit Score

Habits of People with 800 Credit  Score
Do you currently or have you ever had a credit score of 800 or above? How many of these habits apply to you?

Related Content

Add Comment

Comments (9)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

I would be interested in knowing...what is a good amount of card to have? What would be too many? Also a usage system to execute use among those cards to efficiently pay them off timely. Not carrying a balance is new. I have previously heard only carry low usage balance between 10-35%. Thoughts?

I don't believe there's a thing as too many if you are able to manage them all.  That means not neglecting them by charging on them periodically and then paying the bill when it arrives on time.  The usage system I personally use is to charge on each card at least every 6 months even if it's putting a grocery shopping trip on it.   You definitely do not need to carry a balance to build credit. The lower the utilization percentage the better.  Using more than 30% or more is the agreed industry-wide maximum you should have but closer to 0% really is best. 

I would be interested in knowing...what is a good amount of card to have? What would be too many? Also a usage system to execute use among those cards to efficiently pay them off timely. Not carrying a balance is new. I have previously heard only carry low usage balance between 10-35%. Thoughts?

I don't chase 800, but I do my best to nail all of the bullet points here. Saving money on interest and getting the best deals are important to me. I focus on controlling the things that I can control and If an 800 score should come, that's a good thing. But I'll take an excellent score just the same.

Link copied to your clipboard.