Skip to main content

ImageSocial Security

Social Security Increase in 2022

Social Security Increase in 2022
Social Security recipients will receive a 5.9% increase in 2022. Do you think it's enough to keep up with cost-of-living expenses?

Related Content

Add Comment

Comments (12)

Newest · Oldest · Popular

Nope, it will never be enough, even if it is raised by 25%, businesses will always find a way to raise everything else by 40% or more. I have mentioned before that the 5.9% was a JOKE, knowing full well the government will want their fair share of retirees' income. IE , meaning give Social Security recipients a raise,  and then we'll increase their medicare/medicaid monthly payments and we'll stick it to them by raising taxes on everything else that the government has their hands on/in. Businesses raise prices on their goods, like, you have shown above, as they know that people need the items you have listed to get by the best that they can in their life, knowing full well that Uncle Sam gave out pay raises to those people.

I work for the government and in the last 2 years, the contract companies where I work have hired more seniors who can not survive on their pensions and Social Security checks combined, (because everything increased). These people that I'm referring to,  range in age of 70 to 82 years old they check Id cards and answer phones and their contract companies pay them $12 an hour.

Where/How is this supposed to be their Golden Years that I've heard about the last 50 years of my life ?

I could go on and on but will step down once again from atop of my Soap Box, thanks for reading my comment.

It's sad isn't it! Especially when Medicare Part A and B premiums increase from $148.50 in 2021 to $170.10 in 2022. That is a 14.5455% increase. I don't know how those who depend on SS can manage and why the government does NOT factor Healthcare into the COLA.

Link copied to your clipboard.