Are you Superstitious and which Superstitions in particular?

For me the one superstition in particular is walking under a stepladder. I would climb over the ladder or even walk around a building to avoid going under a stepladder. It is believed to be bad luck going under a stepladder. But I don’t think it’s the bad luck part that have me not walking under a stepladder, or at least not the only reason.

Because it is also dangerous going under a stepladder especially when people are working. Tools and equipment can fall and cause serious injury.

Are you a superstitious person? And which superstitions do you believe in?

1 Like

I personally am not superstitious at all.

I agree with you that walking under a step ladder is not particularly the best idea but I personally have done this and I can assure you that I did not face any particular “bad luck”.

The only time I can recall doing this was when the ladder was blocking my path on a sidewalk and it would have been dangerous to walk into the street to avoid it in which case I simply passed under it.

3 Likes

DEON CHRISTIE When I was younger I had so many superstition
like the ladder, if a black cat walked in front of you, you have bad
luck, than friday the 13th. Oh and if you found change tails down
it give you bad luck. lol

Now that I’m older I don’t have any superstition any more.
It funny how when your younger you believe in things and
as you get older and wiser you know more.

2 Likes

Bonnie Squires posted:

DEON CHRISTIE When I was younger I had so many superstition
like the ladder, if a black cat walked in front of you, you have bad
luck, than friday the 13th. Oh and if you found change tails down
it give you bad luck. lol

Now that I’m older I don’t have any superstition any more.
It funny how when your younger you believe in things and
as you get older and wiser you know more.

Funny you should mention the coin tales down @bonnie.squires. I always wondered how that worked. Needless to say, because I wasn’t sure. I never pick up a coin…lol! Guess I’m a little more superstitious than I thought.

2 Likes

Moore Income posted:

I personally am not superstitious at all.

I agree with you that walking under a step ladder is not particularly the best idea but I personally have done this and I can assure you that I did not face any particular “bad luck”.

The only time I can recall doing this was when the ladder was blocking my path on a sidewalk and it would have been dangerous to walk into the street to avoid it in which case I simply passed under it.

I would be the one taking my chances with the street @moore.income…lol! I am a little superstitious I have to admit. But not to the “Obsessed” level though. Just for personal reference…lol! crazy

2 Likes

DEON CHRISTIE i’ll pick up the coin. Another one my
mom would say is if your left had itches it means your getting
money right hand means company. Not sure if there any truth
to this.

2 Likes

Bonnie Squires posted:

DEON CHRISTIE i’ll pick up the coin. Another one my
mom would say is if your left had itches it means your getting
money right hand means company. Not sure if there any truth
to this.

I knew there was something with itching hands @bonnie.squires. Although I had my wires crossed and thought one meant getting money. And the other to be spending money…lol!

2 Likes

DEON CHRISTIE yep thats what i was told.

2 Likes