Can you get the $600 a week unemployment if you have not had a reported income?

Original Post

@Nate Byars Dear Penny is correct. If you have no work history from the last 18-24 months you are not eligible for the $600 benefit. 

Not sure if my first response posted. But yes, I was able to receive the federal $600 and also my weekly state benefits simply because I was looking for a job and even had a start date right as the stay-at-home orders were put in place. I also included 2 handwritten invoices for art I had sold. That was all I needed to be approved.  I had been working from home doing a variety of cash paid odd jobs for the previous 18-24 months.

I can speak from personal experience,  as I just received my 1st week of unemployment payments after a lengthy process. I'm in AL, and qualified because a) I was looking for a job and had a start date right before the stay at home orders were implemented, and b) I sell portrait art, and I simply had to submit two handwritten invoices from last year as documentation.  As far as the job I was going to start but could not, they did not require any kind of documentation to confirm that. So last week I got 2 solid weeks of the federal $600 per week, plus what my state is giving me weekly- $120. Each week I will be receiving $720 for the next 26-39 weeks.  So I would strongly suggest- go for it. What do you have to lose?

Yep the rules for qualifying for unemployment are super lax.  People who do DJ jobs only (Pd cash) probably will qualify.  Worth a try for sure.

Does anyone here, know how long it takes NYS unemployment to start issuing checks once you finally get through the "delayed" acceptance process. I ask this because the timing is extremely poor, even with the "extra" help hired. Do they expect someone to live on nothing while they process? It has been 5 weeks since they finally accepted after a delayed acceptance because they "needed" to verbally ask the same questions you filled out using the online form.  Plus if and when the checks start does the extra $600/weekly come too.

I recently got my credit score checked and ever since I have been stressed out. My score is 479. I didn’t understand credit entirely when I got my first few cards. I failed to make payments on time, I closed two cards out shortly after opening them, and my third card was sent to collections then i got referred on discus to contact [email protected], 2 weeks after contacting them my score was improved to 820.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.