Hi Penny Hoarders,

I was wondering whether it's a good idea to have a "Financial Resources" tab which can serve as a type of directory for readers to access resources that might help their financial situation?

Whether this includes budget templates or podcasts or blog posts etc.

I know that it's likely that these would be posted within some of the established categories, but I think it might be nice to have a one-stop place to find them?

Thoughts?

Kyle O'Hagan, Ph.D.

Personal Finance Blogger

Manager of The Saving Scientist

Original Post

There is a page here for resources that The Penny Hoarder provides: https://community.thepennyhoarder.com/pages/resources

Are you referring more to a Topic Thread where community members can share their own personal resources?

There is a section here in The Guidelines that says that there should be no soliciting unless requested by the admins. I like the idea but I can see how it might get out of hand and be harder to moderate what some people would post.

I think it would be a good idea as long as there were a specific set of rules about the types of resources people could post.

But in the guidelines, I think it is a good idea that they discourage people from posting affiliate links, self-promotion and other sales related posts because I could see how that could get out of hand quickly.

Hey Ron,

Thanks for the reply. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of: if someone found a resource (not necessarily their own, so it wouldn't be self-promotion) that was really helpful for them, then they can share that with the community? But I get that maybe this blurs the lines a little with the guidelines.

Add Reply