Hi 

As a child did you want to be a doctor or teacher ect?

When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse or teacher.
I was told that I could never be that.

Well I do go back to school with my son and I got my GED
and was told i could do any thing I wanted in Human resources.
I choice a nurse and i could do most of the courses online threw
video's but I got sick that year and can't work out side the home.

Its funny because when my husband was in rehab I would help
the cna and nurses. There was a couple who told me to get an
app and work for the rehab but i know I couldn't do it. Because
some people are bad ridding and i can't lift any one.

The nice thing is I do get paid for taking care of my husband.
I make $301 after taxes is taken out.

Paying credit card debit off. Side hustles.
Saving money,coupons.
Bonnie Squires

Original Post

I don't remember what I wanted to do as a child, but I know in High School I wanted to be a fabulous Psychiatrist, living the single life in NYC. haha. 

I couldn't be happier as a Social Worker, currently working with families receiving Section 8, and living in small town NH with those I love. 

Life is strange.   

Keep chasing your dreams!  There are ways to teach from home if you are okay with teaching online.  Not all of the online programs require degrees.  A lot of the sites used to help Asian students learn English do not require a degree.  Here is a link to a list you can check: https://theworkathomewife.com/teach-english-online/  It has info for 20 online companies.  They would all probably be part-time with inconsistent hours, but they could be fun to try out.

When I was a child, I wanted to be a professional ballerina, save up to open my own dance studio, and then become the owner/dance teacher.  I worked towards that dream until I broke my foot my freshman year of college and could no longer graduate on time as a dance education major (My parents controlled my finances back then.  They would not let me attend a university unless I graduated on time, despite my use of scholarships to pay about 80% of the tuition).  However, changing my major and taking a different path due to my injury was the best decision I ever made.  I am much happier with blogging, writing poetry, tutoring kids at a home for abused and neglected children, and pet-sitting than I would have been as a dancer.  Ironically, none of my jobs are directly related to the major I graduated with, theatre education. 

I danced because it was fun.  Everything I do now provides me with purpose and passion.  I was out of college for two years before I found the careers that set my soul on fire.

Never give up.  It is never too late to fight for your professional happiness and achieve your goals.

Bonnie Squires posted:

Hi 

As a child did you want to be a doctor or teacher ect?

When I was younger I wanted to be a nurse or teacher.
I was told that I could never be that.

Well I do go back to school with my son and I got my GED
and was told i could do any thing I wanted in Human resources.
I choice a nurse and i could do most of the courses online threw
video's but I got sick that year and can't work out side the home.

Its funny because when my husband was in rehab I would help
the cna and nurses. There was a couple who told me to get an
app and work for the rehab but i know I couldn't do it. Because
some people are bad ridding and i can't lift any one.

The nice thing is I do get paid for taking care of my husband.
I make $301 after taxes is taken out.

I always wanted to be either a Lawyer or an Electrician @Bonnie Squires. I ended up being an Electrician. I guess my curiosity with energy got the better of me. And the Lawyer in me makes for interesting debate...lol! But I do enjoy designing electrical circuitry I must say.

Add Reply