I make my coffee at home as well. We seldom drink coffee out. It's ridiculous to watch my brothers and sisters spending $5 a cup when they could buy a couple of lbs of coffee for that and put that money to better use. It's crazy. Last year one of the spent over $5K on coffee from Starbucks and Dunkin'. I can't believe that. That would have bought me a better truck than what I have now. I wish I would have paid attention earlier in life and saved the money I had been spending. I'm checking World Mkt's...do you have a link? Is it sold on Amazon?  Thanks.

Thank you for the link. I'm sure I'll be using it soon.  I don't know if we still have a World Market in our area. I know there was one at one time, but when we passed where it used to be this morning on our way to the doctors office, it wasn't there. They could have moved, though. Many things here in our area do if they can get a larger space. I hate to say it, but we both forgot our coffee this morning, and in between the end of the doctors visit and visiting the pharmacy which hadn't opened yet, we stopped by a newly opened Krispy Kreme. We each had a small coffee and a glazed donut and a blueberry cake donut. Wasn't bad....Only $9.00 compared to the ones we had in Augusta years back, which would have come to over $12.00. There went our "mad money" for the week! LOL  Hope you have a great evening. Blessings.

It was EXCELLENT! And, man, was it ever piping hot! I can't get the coffee at home that hot unless I let it set on burner for a while before pouring. I don't usually use mad money on that kind of thing, but every once in a while when out and waiting for a store or a place we have to visit to open up, we'll do something like this...especially if our cups in the car are already empty.  We definitely don't and WON'T make a habit of it. The lessons learned in our younger years were sufficient. 

Coffee is my kryptonite.  I realized how much money I was spending on coffee and started drinking it at home (Whole Foods has an excellent store-brand dark roast for about $4 a can) or at work (I work in a restaurant).  Then I took the money I saved and invested it, and I plan on cashing in the fund soon to take a trip to Iceland.  I still get a cup of coffee at a coffee shop occasionally, but I take the mindset of "How long do I have to work to afford that cup of coffee?"  I find that a lot of local shops around here are cheaper than Starbucks, and I love supporting local businesses.  So yes, your coffee habit can affect your finances.

Add Reply

Likes (4)
Share a tip / Ask a Question

Related Content