The last 2 months have been terrifying barely working 8 hours a week and I pay car title loan payment s but I can’t this month I don’t want to loose my car what should or can I do?

Original Post

@Saveza Landers I'm so sorry that you're experiencing these tough times. @Michelle Lawson is 100% right — and thanks for sharing this. A lot of people are in this exact situation. Banks generally prefer not to go after the cars, homes, etc., that serve as collateral because it's expensive for them to do so — especially when so many people are having trouble making payments at once. Call them and be prepared to provide specifics about your loss of income and back it up with documentation.

The coronavirus relief bill means that a lot of people probably have money coming to them soon, so I think banks will be especially motivated to work out an agreement.

All I did was call and tell them I lost my self employed job temporarily due to the coronavirus and they happily helped me defer 3 payments. If you were employed by an employer,  be prepared to provide documentation that your business was shut down. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.