Skip to main content

Hi everyone!

Happy first week of August. How is everyone doing? 

I wanted to kick this announcement off by sharing The Penny Hoarder’s work-from-home job portal. I’ve seen several questions about how to find a work-from-home job, so I wanted to re-share the link in case it’s helpful to you. 

There have been some really great conversations in the community this week. Here are a couple of threads I’d love your perspective on: 

@Ann Hay asked: Should I use my savings to pay off student loan debt?. This is a great question. Does anyone have any feedback from Ann? Even better if you have personal experience with making this choice. Head on over to the thread and share your thoughts. 

@Jen Arnold recently kicked off a work-from-home career. She has a wireless monitor, keyboard, a mouse and laptop, but she’s wondering what other tools she needs to be successful. If you have any suggestions for Jen, head on over to the thread and let her know.

For weekend reading, here are some articles this week from The Penny Hoarder: 

10 Ways to Adjust Your Plans When You’re Facing Forced Retirement

Whether you’ve been forced to retire early due to circumstances beyond your control or you’re preparing for a worst-case scenario, know you still have options for a financially sound retirement. Follow these steps to help you adjust your plans.

Stop Cooking. Use This Healthy 3-Minute Shortcut Instead (It’s Way Cheaper Than Takeout)

I’ve seen some conversation in the community around meal subscriptions, so I wanted to share this partner article from The Penny Hoarder about Freshly, a meal service where scratch-made meals developed by nutritionists and chefs at your doorstep for half the cost of takeout. A couple members of our team tried their subscription box and loved it, so I wanted to share it with you all too.

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Maryann

Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.