Skip to main content

COVID-19 has changed everything. Both of our sons have had their life’s disrupted – high school prom, high school graduation, college forced to remote learn – including our eldest son at The Citadel taking a Judo class remotely. Does anyone want to guess how Judo can even work remotely?

My work has been mostly virtual and paperless for years. Now it is 100% virtual. We all, including my virtual assistants from around the world, have had their lives completely turned upside down. Millions of people have lost jobs, careers, families, and far too many lives have been los

Original Post

I'm furloughed from all three of my jobs, but unemployment has been helpful.  I paid off my credit card debt with the stimulus check and some of the unemployment money, as well as my CareCredit debt--rat vet visits can get expensive quickly! I keep busy, though--I'm learning a new language (Icelandic), taking a couple of psychology courses on Coursera, taking a Masterclass, taking some writing classes, and freelancing for a local newspaper--I'm covering a racially charged murder.  I'm also taking the time to play video games and spoil my ratties.  I just signed up for a course in Stoic philosophy, and I have a lot of e-books to read on my Kindle app.  It's weird to go from 13-hour shifts to sitting at home, but I figure I'll make the most out of my time.  My coworkers were always cautioning me to slow down anyway!

Our lives are pretty much the same. My husband is essential, a trucker. We are renovating our townhouse in cash....painting, new laminate flooring, new light fixtures, new furniture in 2 rooms, and new kitchen appliances. Covid-19 really hasn't impacted us, other than staying home. We practice social distancing, as we know it's important and wearing masks. Our church is 100% virtual, and some meetings so we have Zoom. Of course, we have Amazon Prime, Amazon Kindle, and we share a Netflix subscription with a family member....think of Mindhunter. Life goes on. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.