looking for schools for seniors with low or no tuition.
Hi @Christopher Gaffney, here is an article from ThePennyHoarder.com with resources for free to cheap tuition for seniors in all 50 states: https://www.thepennyhoarder.co...s/?aff_sub2=homepage
Thanks for that information. I know that many Community Colleges offer reduced rates on the basis of your age and residency or you can obtain free grants based on your FAFSA score.
At UBTech in Utah, their policy for Seniors is:
"Senior Citizens (62 or older) will receive an 80% discount for individual classes. Enrollment will be allowed on a space-available basis. Community education and other self-funding classes are exempt from the senior discount."
This is listed in their catalog on page 12: https://www.ubtech.edu/wp-cont...nd-Catalog-Nov-1.pdf
I would imagine other community/technical colleges in Utah could have similar offerings, the best place to check would be the tution policies within the student handbook/catalog.
Ivy Tech community college (Indiana) offers free tuition to seniors 60 and up. Their website says:
Indiana citizens 60 years of age and older can take credit courses at Ivy Tech tuition-free. In order to qualify for this program a person must meet the following requirements:
- Be an Indiana resident
- Be 60 years of age or older at the start of a semester
- Possess a high school diploma or GED
- Be retired from their primary vocation (does not apply to homemakers)
- May not be employed on a full-time basis
- Non-credit courses are not included in the Senior Scholars program
- Students are responsible for books and any associated fees