Hello fellow penny hoarders, 

Its been a tough couple of weeks now with all the news updates, groceries out of stock, and being stuck at home.  I found that the virus can survive on metal objects for quite some time.  In that being said, gas pumps can be a carrier.  I carry any kind of wet wipe in the car with me and I wipe down after pumping. I wanted to share this since it was brought to my attention.   Stay safe and well everyone.  If we follow the protocols we will get through this.  

Original Post

While I have a couple of boxes of gloves, I'm saving them until I really need them. If you have plenty, wear one while pumping. I have dogs and plenty of poop bags. I stuck a roll of them in the car and have used them while pumping gas. Just use it as a hand cover. I was even able to punch the numbers in on the keyboard. Just be sure to only use the bag or glove ONCE. Throw it away as soon as you are through with the process. Good luck and stay safe.

I keep an older gardening glove(2) in car for pumping gas. Have arthritis in my hands &it's been a good cushion. Now I'm using disposable gloves, kee[p some in car. Also wanted to say that any type of covering of the face is important right now. Know someone who is sewing them(like crazy); people are so creative. I want to be of some help to others; don't know how though. Have any nideas?

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.