Skip to main content

I recently got a letter sttd that my pandemic relief was 3120.00 but then 2 days later I got a letter sttg that I was denied indefinitely.  I don't understand why and have been trying for a week to get ahold of the office but cant get through.  I am at my wits end can someone please help.  I have been an independent contractor for a year now and as I am in the high risk group I really cant be around others. Since I am an independent contractor I have to provide my internet for the companies I contract for.  I have thought about going out and getting a job anyways however Arizona is a major hot spot and with already having lung issues and asthma I feel like I would be signing my death warrant.  please help

Original Post

We’re all struggling right now. Not take away or lessen your your personal situation, but my husband was killed March 7, just before all this COVID-19 broke out. I’ve lost my husband and my home in less than 3 months. The last 3 years of our lives have been reduced to a 10x10 storage unit of which the first payment is due and I don’t have the funds. My husband was an Air Force and Army veteran and served in Operation Iraqi Freedom and also suffered from PTSD. He had no life insurance and I wasn’t eligible for military spousal benefits. My life has literally been turned upside down and inside out to put it very mildly. My husbands memorial services have been canceled and rescheduled 3 times due to the pandemic. Now, 4 months later, I’m finally able to lay him to rest in July 10. 

Hi

Please excuse me for not paying my respects to the topic owner. Dear contractor, I will keep you in my prayers.  It is a job trying to get pandemic relief  Have you tried your state rep? Legal services? Newspapers?  Others are having the same problem and hopefully have banded together for support  

I myself am trying to get a totally remote job because I have family members who are high risk. I have also been reading articles about Texas having problems bringing office workers back so I really don’t want to go into the office. 

Re storage units- I think many units are pausing  their evictions. Here is an interesting article I read. 
https://www.insideselfstorage....-follow-during-covid

Sharon

Does anybody know how to get your back payments for the $600 a week check the government was giving us I am still receiving it but I am missing 5 checks and when I call unemployment they say you have to call the government when I call the government they say you have to call unemployment so it's a big run around I'm missing about $4,800 which I no longer have any unemployment left I am in dire need of this money so I don't lose my car. I also never got my stimulus check and when I called them they said that because I don't have a checking account and I am waiting for checks to come in the mail it's going to take awhile that they have not got done sending everybody's check out so it's very frustrating know that I have money owed to me but I don't have access to it please advise if anybody knows anything thank you.

Rosemary Daniel 

@SHurley posted:

Hi

Please excuse me for not paying my respects to the topic owner. Dear contractor, I will keep you in my prayers.  It is a job trying to get pandemic relief  Have you tried your state rep? Legal services? Newspapers?  Others are having the same problem and hopefully have banded together for support  

I myself am trying to get a totally remote job because I have family members who are high risk. I have also been reading articles about Texas having problems bringing office workers back so I really don’t want to go into the office. 

Re storage units- I think many units are pausing  their evictions. Here is an interesting article I read. 
https://www.insideselfstorage....-follow-during-covid

Sharon

Sharon Are you located in Texas?  A great place to start looking for WFH jobs is www.ratracerebellion.com

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.