We’ve made it to the end of the week and the start of a new month Penny Hoarders! Who here can’t believe it’s already November? 😳 This week I want to know if you’re a planner or a procrastinator… Do you start planning and budgeting now for holiday purchases or wait until the last minute? What about your New Year’s resolutions?

And now for this week’s announcements…

• We just hit a HUGE milestone Penny Hoarders… 10,000 community members! Join us in a celebratory happy dance, then go check out the new bio section we’ve added to your profiles. We’d love to get to know all 10K of you better so add a sentence or two about yourself to your profile. 

Need help adding your bio? Send me a message and I can walk you through it.

• Thank you for participating in last month’s survey. We loved your book suggestions so much, we wrote an article about it (check it out here)! 

This month we want to know more about your side hustles. Click here to answer November’s survey question - outside of your day-job, what’s one way you’ve made extra money this year?

• Ready to update your suite of tech gadgets? We teamed up with some awesome brands to bring you the chance to win an iPhone 11, AirPods, an Apple TV, travel credits for your next trip and more! Click here to enter.

• Did you know we have a work-from-home jobs portal (or WFH jobs, as we like to say around here)? We scour the internet for WFH jobs we think you’ll love and vet them to ensure they’re legit, then we add them to the job listing portal for you!

When you browse the WFH jobs portal, you can filter by things like pay rate, schedule flexibility and whether or not a job requires phone work. Once you find the perfect job, you can click “Apply Now” at the bottom of the page and go straight to the company’s application page. Ready to check it out? Click here to start browsing. 

As another week comes to a close, let's recap this week’s most talked about threads and a couple that can use some love. 

This week’s most talked about threads:
Credit Card
Traveling All 50 States On a Budget
Feds cut rates again! Anyone taking advantage

These Penny Hoarders need your help:
Fed up with Credit Issues!
How do I keep myself afloat?

Cheers, 
Ashlee

Ashlee is a Community Ambassador for The Penny Hoarder. Trading the mountains of the PNW for the beaches of FL, she enjoys exploring new places, cold brew and spending time with her family.

Original Post
Cha Mol posted:

How does thig thing work

Hi @Cha Mol! Welcome to The Penny Hoarder Community! We've create an entire section dedicated to getting started here - click here to get there. 

The community is environment to connect with like-minded individuals for tips and support on making, saving and managing your money. I am here as your resource, let me know if I can help answer any questions you have!

Glynda Gleaton posted:

I'm drowning in past due bills I need help badly what do I do

Hi @Glynda Gleaton! Welcome to The Penny Hoarder community. This is a great place to connect with others to share your experience and get valuable tips and advice. We have created an entire guide to getting started around here (click here to access it).

I suggest posting a topic about your situation and any questions you have. Other community members can then jump in directly to share their experiences. Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Glynda Gleaton posted:

I'm drowning in past due bills I need help badly what do I do

@Glenda Gleaton I don't have a lot of bills, but my rent and other regular bills are enough.  One tip would be...if you can....I don't use central heat.  If I am really cold, I wear layers of clothing......lots of blankets.  I use PPL for my electricity...and change suppliers frequently so that I get the lowest in cost supplier. That saves me quite a bit.  My bills have been as low as 35 dollars a month in a two bedroom, two bath, one car garage townhouse.  If you are having problems with your electricity bill, you may be able to get help by contacting the electric company.  Hope this helps.

Wow what a great milestone to cross. I came on board when we were still in the hundreds and now to see over 10K members it is super exciting!

It's great to see such a great community of people helping each other navigate the murky waters of finances.

Looking forward to what the future has in store for the whole community.

And no... I can't believe we are already in November.

Moore Income posted:

Wow what a great milestone to cross. I came on board when we were still in the hundreds and now to see over 10K members it is super exciting!

It's great to see such a great community of people helping each other navigate the murky waters of finances.

Looking forward to what the future has in store for the whole community.

And no... I can't believe we are already in November.

@Moore Income  I agree with you!  That is a huge climb.  

I'm not sure how many were here when I joined the Penny Hoarder Community, but I do know that it seems as if we've grown by leaps and bounds. I've met some interesting people and like having information and ideas coming in! May we continue to grow in numbers as well as in wealth.

Happy November- though it is 78% in San Francisco right now. I love the Fall smells and saving money. I belong to a few local Facebook groups where I often sell or buy things that are not needed and pay very little. Marin Fleamarket, Sam's Closet, or even Freecycle. It feels good to let go of the energy in stuff and also be able to make a little money doing it. If you post regularly,  with clear pics and description, your chances are excellent that your trash will be someone else's treasure!

Thanks for such an excellent ezine!

@Susan L. Miller We have used Freecycle off and on for years. We got the foot and headboards for our queen-sized bed through the program. We have seen many items we no longer use go to other homes that would use them and recommend it heartily! We have also used our "Marketplace" here in our area on Facebook to buy and sell things. There are so many ways to go and programs to use! Happy selling...and as one of our mentors says "Think..and grow RICH!"

Add Reply