Live Q&A Link:

Dear Penny COVID-19 Q&A

Hi everyone,

What a week…

I know there is a lot of concern and anxiety in our community, and around the world.  For many of us, coronavirus has us reevaluating what to do with our money. I know I’m not the only one having to rethink both my budget and spend. While panic isn’t good, overreaction is. 

There are a lot of personal finance questions floating around — just what do you do with your money during a global crisis? You all have asked everything from what to do about your retirement funds, to whether or not it makes sense to keep investing and what to do about lost income. 

We want to help provide support during what’s both a stressful and challenging time for all of us.

On March 23, we’re bringing back Robin Hartill, a senior editor at The Penny Hoarder and the voice behind the personal finance advice column “Dear Penny,” to help answer your money questions right here in the community.

You’ll have the chance to have a direct conversation with Robin aka Dear Penny. The live forum will be available to community members from Monday, March 23 at 12 p.m. until Friday, March 27, 2020 at 12 p.m. ET.

Here's a link to the COVID-19 Q&A. Robin will check in each day to answer as many questions as possible. To increase your chances of having your questions answered, please be sure your question is clear and specific and on topic. 

In the meantime, I will continue to share some articles and resources with you all. I hope it’s helpful as we all think through our options and next steps. 

Here are some of our latest COVID-19 coverage on The Penny Hoarder:

These 9 Pantry Essentials Will Let You Cook Practically Anything 

I know I’m not the only one walking through empty aisles at the grocery store. If you’re having to rethink the way you prep meals, this guide may help. 

What to Do When You Need to Take a Sick Day – and Still Make Rent 

For many Americans, staying home sick from work means missing wages. These quick-money strategies will help offset the costs of taking unpaid sick leave.

Gig Companies Respond to the Coronavirus. Here’s What Workers Can Expect 

The coronavirus is sowing uncertainty in the gig economy. Here’s what’s changing for gig workers and companies in light of the new virus. 

I saw a great question come in this week. This Penny Hoarder asked what her options are after being laid off in response to coronavirus. If you have any tips or advice to share with this community reader, please add your thoughts in the comments or in the thread.

I also want to thank @Michael Metzger for starting this thread on opportunities for positive growth amid COVID-19. Is there anyone else making positive lifestyle changes? Comment down below. We could all use the encouragement -- and we’d love to support you! 

Last but never least — our member of the month is Sharon T. from Houston, TX! @sthom thanks for being such a wonderful contributor to our community. 

Have a safe weekend -- hope to see you on Monday during the Dear Penny discussion. 

Stay healthy! 

Maryann 

Last edited by Maryann
Original Post
MsKimberly posted:

The articles will not open up.  It indicates there is a glitch.

Hi there! Thanks for flagging. They should be fixed now. Let me know if you're still having issues opening them up. 

sthom posted:

It's Houston, @Maryann. I'm honored to be member of the month. I get so much from the site and forum. Now, on to the articles.

Thanks, @sthom! Glad to have you as our MotM. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.