Skip to main content

Hello all,

My husband and I have been dealing with falling behind on our mortgage and were looking at possible foreclosure. I decided to go directly to the mortgage lender and ask if there was something we could work out in order to keep our house. Long story short we finally got a decision (just last week) and the offer is great however they only gave us until 06/26/2020 to accept the offer and in order to make good on our end we have to come up $3500 by 06/30/2020. If we can't come up with the $3500 they'll accept Deed in-lieu of foreclosure, which means we'd have to give up the house. If this wasn't a house that I grew up in and have basically lived in for all almost 51 yrs of my life, I'd walk and let them have it but this is my HOME and I want to stay here. So, my question is any ideas or suggestions as to where we may get help with the $3500? Oh and we're STILL waiting on our stimulus!

Thanks everyone, have a wonderful week!

Kiki

Original Post

That's  a fair amount of money in a short time. Any chance of borrowing or cashing out of retirement? My last option would be selling everything i own if I had enough to cover it. And I mean everything. I would sell my stove for $100 if it meant helping me stay in my home. And things like TV's I would pawn to family and friends if they are not inclined to give or lend with no collateral. If you think you can get back on your feet at a later date,  then you can always get those things back.  

Forbearance is for those that are current on their mortgage I believe. Is it possible to do a cash for keys, as this will save the lender the foreclosure process. The foreclosure process may take up to a year, or longer in a consumer friendly state. I would sell everything, sell plasma, sell jewelry, do odd jobs, sell prepared bread and meals. Even if you are headed to foreclosure, save money, and prepare for your eventual move. I am so sorry you are experiencing this.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.