I am curious if anyone in this community can help me with my stimulas issue that I still have not received due to using the Non filers- enter payment here tool incorrectly. I used the non-filers tool when I wasn't required to. I have been on SSDI since 2007, with Direct Deposit and I am not required to file any tax returns. I should have received my stimulas check automatically without needing to take further action bc I receive my benefits via direct deposit every month and the IRS was supposed to generate my EIP using the information from my previous years SSA-1099 form for those who are not required to file a 2018 & 2019 tax return. I also have no dependents. I definitely qualify for payment. However, I made a huge error in judgement bc I began to become extremely anxious bc every time I went to check the status of my payment on the IRS website, I continuously received the same, "Payment Status Not Available" message. As of today, May 17, I am still receiving this message. Because I battle with chronic, multiple anxiety and panic disorders, I have an issue with the unknown. I live daily in a constant cycle of excessive worry, anticipation and panic. The inability to get any information because we are unable to get our questions answered has been a frustrating issue. In addition, it has been very overwhelming and a difficult challenge for me because I do not know what to do to regarding the mistake I made. I do not want to miss out by not receiving the first stimulas check that I am entitled to but bc I entered my information on the non filers site when I wasn't required to, I made matters worse. The IRS should have received my information from my SSA-1099 to automatically generated my $1200 stimulas check. I made a mistake by entering my information on the non filers site because I am on SSDI with DD and with no qualifying dependents. I also am not required to file taxes. I received an email the next morning stating that my application that I filed through the non filers tool was rejected because I did not enter an Identity Protection Pin number, which I never received anyway. The only reason I am being asked for this ID pin number is because about 5 years ago (I was on SSDI at the time), I filed a tax return only because I was eligible to receive an education tax credit due to being a college student. At that time, the IRS told me that I was a victim of Identity Theft but they did catch it promptly because they knew that I haven't worked since 2005. Anyway, it was a long drawn out process to receive my education tax credit but eventually I received my refund. I was mailed an Identity Protection Pin number that I had to use in order to get my education tax credit. Then, I was told that I would receive a new ID pin number every year to use when I filed my income taxes. However, I never filed a tax return since then and they eventually stopped mailing me the Identity Protection Pin number because they noticed I have not filed any tax returns since then and bc I am permanently disabled, I will not be filing in the future again. Does anyone know if there is a deadline in a place to receive stimulas checks, especially when a person who is eligible still has not received theirs because of a mistake that I am unable to fix since the IRS is not taking calls. I don't know how to correct this. Please help

Original Post

I am having pretty much the same problem. I get my social security through direct deposit yet I have not received my stimulus funds. Whenever I ask about these funds, I get that "Payment Status Not Available" message. I would like to know why there is a delay or if there a is some reason that makes me ineligible.

Is it possible you were claimed as a dependent by someone else? This is one of the main reasons people on SSI, are not getting the stimulus. The IRS phone lines opened back up today, so you can call to verify. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.