Looking forward to retirement, I'm wondering what types of senior discounts are available out there.  I'm going to start researching but wonder if there are lowered rates for cellphone service, property taxes...things other than my senior meal at the fast food restaurant!

Original Post

Hi Jeanne, hope you can retire soon.  I've been retired for 3 years and feel like it's my birthday every day!! Love Love Love it!  I'm in Florida so there are senior discounts everywhere here.

Not only at many restaurants but also many stores have senior discount days.  TJ Maax is Mondays, Kohls on Wednesdays, Walgreens is one day a month they announce, etc.  Most of the theaters, local attractions, exhibits, museums, live musicals and plays, etc offer senior discounts. I'd say the average is 10-15% off.

A lot of the retail and restaurants here are offering military discounts as well.

We don't have reduced property taxes in my area unless you are under an income threshold.  Have not noticed discounts on cell service or other utilities here.

Here's a link (scroll down past the coupon book offer) with a list of stores etc offering senior discounts https://www.theseniorlist.com/senior-discounts

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.