Happy Tuesday, Penny Hoarders!

For those of you who might be new here, each week we'll be showcasing the latest community news and updates in an announcement post. This is a great way to keep you all up-to-date on the latest happenings.

Announcements

• Get your social share on

Have a favorite thread in the community? We want to know which one and all you have to do is tag us when you share a link to the post on your favorite social channel! We’ll then select one random, lucky winner every few weeks to send surprise Penny Hoarder swag to! When you share your favorite threads you’ll earn 100 community points! These points reflect special community permissions, like title changes, swag and more.

• Become a member of our newly launched User Feedback Group!

For those that said YES to taking part in our first ever feedback group, thank you! I’ve added you to a private thread where we can talk about new community ideas, the latest articles and more. Interested in participating? Shoot me a DM!

• Member of the Month - You could win in June!

For those who are new, the Member of the Month contest highlights a positive, helpful and engaged community member for that month. The winner gets to select a gift card valued at $25 to a store of his/her choosing as well - so recognition + cash?! We’re looking for quality interactions. Ways to earn points include saying Hi to new members, answering questions, asking your own questions, etc. The month of June just kicked off so you have plenty of time to win!

Most talked about threads

@Soloman's “How I Make $600 working 8 hours a week” post has been viewed and talked about a lot in the past few weeks. In it, she talks about her experience being a professional reseller and shares some of her tips. Have you thought about becoming a reseller? Do you have another way you earn money? Share your thoughts here.

The F.I.R.E. strategy is on fire!

Lots of community members got together to discuss a pretty popular method to retirement - the F.I.R.E. strategy. Shoutouts to members @Leonard J Waks and @Pax for sharing their knowledge and expertise on the subject! Are any others interested in learning about the F.I.R.E. method? Read the whole thread here.

Community Highlights

Jumping off of the F.I.R.E. method post, member @KMD is on track to retire at 50 - just 3 years from now and suggested a great read for those also looking to pursue financial freedom (called Financial Freedom - link below). Way to go, KMD! Don’t be shy - reach out to congratulate her on this exciting milestone!

Link to Financial Freedom: https://financialfreedombook.com/

Change Maker of the Week

Community member @Trần Ngọc Tài shared a really interesting (and simple!) way that his friend has started to earn money - and it involves sticky rice. “I have a friend started to make wine from sticky rice then some bbq at night on the street. People come every night. First, they come to try sticky rice wine then get some foods. A lot of people enjoy it and my friend is planning to open more local restaurants starting by selling sticky rice wine.” A clever, out-of-the-box way to earn some extra money! Are you saving or making money in an interesting way? Share it with the community for a chance to be featured in a weekly announcement roundup! 

Looking to work from home?

On our website, we have a Work-from-Home jobs portal, where we share the latest work-from-home opportunities with you, including what the job entails, experience needed and hourly pay. Each week, we’ll be sharing a few here, so it’ll be easy for you to stay on top of if you’re searching for additional income or a new job.

Rate Search Engine Results and Keywords With a Part-Time Gig at Lionbridge

Thank you for reading this week’s edition! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, or simply would like to reach out to the community team, you can email me at [email protected] or DM me!

Until next week!

I enjoy reading up on building communities, LOTR marathons, ocean conservation efforts (such as volunteering), and playing with my puppy Thor. 

Original Post

Starting making extra income by accident I volunteered to help out a friend  to house sit and take care of their pets. I didn’t know the family. I’m retired, did not ask for money or expect to be paid, sense it was my friends neighbor, but was paid very nicely. So from there word of mouth I’m a very busy house/pet sitter, and I love it.

Add Reply

Likes (2)