Happy Tuesday, Penny Hoarders!

For those of you who might be new here, each week we'll be showcasing the latest community news and updates in an announcement post. This is a great way to keep you all up-to-date on the latest happenings.

Announcements

• Thank you to our newly launched User Feedback Group!

For those that said YES to taking part in our first ever feedback group, thank you! I’ve added you to a private thread where we can talk about new community ideas, the latest articles and more. Interested in participating? Shoot me a DM!

• Who will win Member of the Month in June?

For those who are new, the Member of the Month contest highlights a positive, helpful and engaged community member for that month. The winner gets to select a gift card valued at $25 to a store of his/her choosing as well - so recognition + cash?! We’re looking for quality interactions. Ways to earn points include saying Hi to new members, answering questions, asking your own questions, etc. You still have time if you want to be in the running for the title of “Member of the Month” for June.

Most talked about threads

Financial help from family

Community member @Maya shared her current financial situation with the community this week and needs your advice. Most of us can relate to the lack of financial freedom that comes with getting financial help from family. What advice can you offer to Maya?

To buy coffee or not to buy coffee?

Hats off to @Moore Income  for getting this conversation brewing (hehe). This topic got a TON of interesting comments, so we want you to help us settle this once and for all - do you think drinking coffee can affect your finances? DId you cut out coffee? Do you make your own at home? Let me know!

Change Maker of the Week

Who doesn’t love free learning? @mintjulep shared an amazing list of FREE class providers. Have you checked them out yet? What classes would you take?

Looking to work from home?

On our website, we have a Work-from-Home jobs portal, where we share the latest work-from-home opportunities with you, including what the job entails, experience needed and hourly pay. Each week, we’ll be sharing a few here, so it’ll be easy for you to stay on top of if you’re searching for additional income or a new job.

Join the American Red Cross as a Full-Time Administrative Coordinator

Thank you for reading this week’s edition! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, or simply would like to reach out to the community team, you can email me at [email protected] or DM me!

Until next week!

Briana is a Community Strategist at The Penny Hoarder. Her interests include reading up on building communities, LOTR marathons, ocean conservation efforts (such as volunteering), and playing with her puppy Thor. 

Original Post

Add Reply