Skip to main content

Happy Wednesday, Penny Hoarders! 

For those of you who might be new here, each week we showcase the latest community news and updates in an announcement post. This is a great way to keep you all up-to-date on the latest happenings - from popular threads to work from home job opportunities. 

Announcements 

• New Projects for our Feedback Group 

For those that opted in to be a part of our first ever Penny Hoarder Feedback group, we have a few pretty cool opportunities for you to get involved with. If you haven’t checked them out yet, be sure to! If you aren’t a member of the feedback group yet but are interested in joining, let me know by DM or comment below! 

• Member of the Month in June announced next week!  

The Member of the Month contest highlights a positive, helpful and engaged community member for that month. The winner gets to select a gift card valued at $25 to a store of his/her choosing as well - so recognition + cash?! What are we looking for? Quality interactions. Ways to earn points include saying hi to new members, answering questions, asking your own questions, etc. You still have time if you want to be in the running for the title of “Member of the Month” for June. We’ll be announcing the winner next week! 

Most talked about threads

Lots of members are asking great questions this week! Do you have an answer for them? 

@Sophie Claire asks: What if you have an account that was originally opened over 7 years ago, but then the debt is sold to collections, does that 7 years start over? Is it valid for collectors to collect the debt if the account in question was originally opened over 7 years, or is it something that should be disputed?

What advice can you give to Sophie? Let her know here.

@Abostonnative is looking for how to choose a financial advisor and investment bank. She says: We are about to inherit a large sum (high 6 figure) and need advice. I am 63 and my husband is 66. I work in Boston currently and am not sure when to retire. Any suggestions are welcome!

Have you had experience choosing a financial advisor? Share your advice here. 

Change Maker of the Week 

This week @Krystl Hopkins shared how she’d like to start selling photos as a means to save money. What a great way to utilize talent as a way to generate income! She’s looking for advice to get this side gig started, however, and needs some advice from fellow Penny Hoarders! 

Has anyone had experience with this that can provide additional information for Krystl? Help her out here.

Looking to work from home? 

On our website, we have a Work-from-Home jobs portal, where we share the latest work-from-home opportunities with you, including what the job entails, experience needed and hourly pay. Each week, we’ll be sharing a few here, so it’ll be easy for you to stay on top of if you’re searching for additional income or a new job.

Hospitality Tech company is hiring customer success associates

Thank you for reading this week’s edition! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, or simply would like to reach out to the community team, you can email me at [email protected] or DM me! 

Until next week! 

I enjoy reading up on building communities, LOTR marathons, ocean conservation efforts (such as volunteering), and playing with my puppy Thor. 

Last edited by Briana
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Victoria Kondas Koverchick posted:

Hi EVERYONE!  I'm new and today June 28th is my birthday!  So thanks for the opportunity to join this great community!  HAPPY HOARDING!  JERSEY GIRL FOREVER!💜🎶📖💘🐽🐞😍😎😇👍✌🔥🙏💏👣💋🐕🐾🍀🌹🌝🌛🌌🌋🌎☔🌈🎇🎈💰🎼🎸🎱

Welcome, Victoria! Very happy to have you here =) 

Add Reply

Related Content

Link copied to your clipboard.