Happy Tuesday, Penny Hoarders! 

For those of you who might be new here, each week we'll be showcasing the latest community news and updates in an announcement post. This is a great way to keep you all up-to-date on the latest happenings. 

Announcements

• Looking for community video testimonials! 

Want to share what you love about The Penny Hoarder Community? We want to hear it! We’re looking for a few members to create a very short (1-2 minute long) video talking about how they found the community, why they love it and what topics they enjoy talking about. If you’re interested, please reach out to me and I’ll happily provide more information for you! 

• If you want to learn more about budgeting… 

We have an exciting treat for you! More details will be revealed on Friday, so be sure to check in then so you don’t miss out. 

Most talked about threads

Lots of members are asking great questions this week! Do you have an answer for them? 

When you pay all of your monthly bills, do you ever consider putting an extra percentage towards them to help pay them in advance? Community member @AverageJoe has been doing this with his wife for years and it’s helped them in some more difficult financial times. 

Would you ever consider paying a little extra on your monthly bills? Sound off here!

@Scotirish has a great question for the community regarding establishing credit for his wife. He says:  “Would she have to purchase something in her name? Would it have to be something that would require credit approval?” 

Have any suggestions? Let him know! 

Change Maker of the Week 

Community member @Tata is a public speaker with a great idea -- she wants to focus on retirement presentations:  “Not the kind of presentation about your finances, social security/medicare or that sort of thing. There are more than enough financial advisers/books. My presentation would be about your goals, your manifesto, mission statement, starting a business traveling just to mention a few.” Her question: How can she go about attracting groups of people?

Have any advice? Share it here.

Looking to work from home? 

On our website, we have a Work-from-Home jobs portal, where we share the latest work-from-home opportunities with you, including what the job entails, experience needed and hourly pay. Each week, we’ll be sharing a few here, so it’ll be easy for you to stay on top of if you’re searching for additional income or a new job.

Got an Eye for Home Decor? Wayfair Needs Customer Service Reps in 4 States

Thank you for reading this week’s edition! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, or simply would like to reach out to the community team, you can email me at [email protected] or DM me! 

Until next week!

Briana is a Community Strategist at The Penny Hoarder. Her interests include reading up on building communities, LOTR marathons, ocean conservation efforts (such as volunteering), and playing with her puppy Thor. 

Original Post

That's always a plus when the list for work gets bigger. Always make sure to check out the "fine print" on any "Work from Home" opportunities. We found some that looked so legitimate we almost signed without reading all the way through. Would have been a big mistake. There was a clause in the one that said a cancellation of contract was covered by a $300 cancellation fee.

Add Reply

Share a tip / Ask a Question

Related Content