Skip to main content

Happy Tuesday, Penny Hoarders!

For those of you who might be new here, each week we'll be showcasing the latest community news and updates in an announcement post. This is a great way to keep you all up-to-date on the latest happenings.

Announcements

• We’re halfway through the month of April, which means halfway to announcing our new Member of the Month! The Member of the Month is a contest that awards the most active member (posting, likes, comments) with a $25 gift card to a place (or places) of their choosing. There’s still plenty of time, so continue starting those conversations!
  • Have you had a chance to find your Money Buddy yet? What is a Money Buddy? This person should be someone who is working on a similar goal as you, that you can help hold you accountable and check in with you on your goals. We started a whole thread where you can drop your financial goal, as well as find someone with a similar goal to buddy up with!

Most talked about threads

Community Highlights

• Vacation banking!

@KellyFromKeene is celebrating a debt payback this week. “Someone (unexpectedly) paid me a debt they owed, so I have $130! It’s going straight into the safe for my vacation savings.” How are you saving money this week?

• Now that’s saving!

@FreebiePharm took a look at some of her and her husband's purchases to determine where they could afford to cut back. “My husband quit smoking Black & Milds in February. With that came other impulse purchases such as booze and Red Bulls. To support him, I stopped drinking wine. We slashed $600/month!”

Looking to work from home?

On our website, we have a Work-from-Home jobs portal, where we share the latest work-from-home opportunities with you, including what the job entails, experience needed and hourly pay. Each week, we’ll be sharing a few here, so it’ll be easy for you to stay on top of if you’re searching for additional income or a new job.

Work For 7 Days, Then Get a 7-Day Break as a Travel Consultant for Frosch

This Full-Time Freelance Copy Editing Gig Pays $15 to $18 Per Hour

Thank you for reading this week’s edition! If you have any other suggestions or feedback, or simply would like to reach out to the community team, you can email me at [email protected] or DM me!

Or if you have a financial win or tips you'd like to share in the weekly announcement, let me know! 

Until next week!

I enjoy reading up on building communities, LOTR marathons, ocean conservation efforts (such as volunteering), and playing with my puppy Thor. 

Last edited by Briana
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Add Reply

Related Content

Link copied to your clipboard.